Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jobless rate falls to 7.8%

104 posts in this topic

Posted

I thought it was 400,000 to stay even?

Either way, not enough being created, but it is better than losing jobs I suppose.

that's the point everyone is making. we are still losing jobs. the statistics are nt showing that. hence, the fallicy

Posted

same as always for the duration of this administration. not counting those persons that have stopped looking altogether.

this is simply how unemployment is calculated. always has been. nothing new to this administration.

edit: i see now that tensor said the same thing...

Posted

whether it be more people are working from home or more people are getting part time work, it's better than sitting on their collective asses collecting unemployment.

Posted

this is simply how unemployment is calculated. always has been. nothing new to this administration.

edit: i see now that tensor said the same thing...

and i responded in kind

Posted

Labor Dept stressed the "volitility" of the home survey. Could that mean that this huge, part time, home stuff could just as easily go away?

Looks like a CYA to me

Obama doing his part to help unemployment by hiring gov workers just before election. Yeah, we needed more gov employees

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/unemployment-rate-plummets-43-government-workers

Posted

It's funny watching stirs get so defensive.

Posted

Yep I'm sure its just a coicidence that the numbers don't make any sence at all, and that it amazingly happened ont he heels of distaterous debate.

Posted

They should change the way unemployment is counted so that even the short-term unemployed don't count as being unemployed.

We could get the rate down to 0%.

Posted

They should change the way unemployment is counted so that even the short-term unemployed don't count as being unemployed.

We could get the rate down to 0%.

Welcome to the game of modern media and political plays.

Posted

How convenient ...

Posted

lol at everyone in this thread.

Posted

Best employment month in 30 years. Who would have thunk it