Photo
- - - - -

What would it take for you to stop being a Panthers fan?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
124 replies to this topic

#121 far far away

far far away

NEWB

• Pip
ROOKIE

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

The closest I came to giving up on the Panthers was the 2010 season. I remember 2001 but I was too young to fully grasp how awful it all was. In 2010 I began to question my devotion to the Panthers. I didn't want to root for a team if I cared more about winning than the front office/owner, and 2010 demonstrated exactly that for me. By week 7 or 8 I had stopped keeping up with Panthers news and started watching football just to watch football. I rooted for other teams, but just couldn't bring myself to really give a fug. I began realizing that I could never give up on the Panthers, but just couldn't deal with the Panthers ruining my Sundays week after week. I was in fan purgatory. I had no emotional investment in football. Then we got Cam. At the slightest sign of hope I was fully invested once again. For better or for worse, as they say.

tl;dr: As much as constant disappointment makes me envious of fans of winning teams, I could never really give up on the Panthers. Every week I will throw things, say I hate the Panthers and end up with my girl not talking to me because of my tantrum, but by the next day I'll be talking poo to fans of the team that beat us and convincing myself Cam will bring us to the promise land.

#122 jackson113

jackson113

Poo talking mother fugging Jackson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:03 PM

If my son played football and got drafted to another team.............he's only three so that will be a while.....

#123 BlueTalon

BlueTalon

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:00 AM

What would it take for you to stop being a Panthers fan?

I was going to ask what kind of a nonsense question that is, until I saw...

Would it take the team moving to a different city?

That would suck, and I wouldn't blame anyone for ditching a team that ditches them.

#124 CarolinaPride5

CarolinaPride5

Legendary.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:44 AM

If they moved. Hopefully we never have to worry bout' that.

#125 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

If you are from the carolinas, having a professional football team isnt something you would let go of easily.....ever imo. Being a huge nfl fan my entire life and finally getting a home team is the single most important sports moment of my life. Like I said, you might have to be from and grown up around the area to fully understand the importance of our team.