• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 panthergrl90

panthergrl90

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

Very touching story / video about Greg and his unborn son's medical condition.

http://www.panthers....93-68dd02957237

#2 Monday Night Shyamalan

Monday Night Shyamalan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationHollyweird, CA

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

Terrible situation, I can't imagine what they are going through.

As much as people disagree with JR's business strategies (me included), he's a loyal, standup guy. The type of employer you want in your corner...

#3 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

My prayers go out to Olsen and his family...

#4 heelsrule1988

heelsrule1988

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

Like all of Panther Nation, I certainly hope everything turns out okay with all of this. He's a good guy and he's been a wonderful addition to our team.

Also... it never ceases to amaze me how good of a person Jerry Richardson is. This is yet another example.

#5 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,449 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

my girlfriend's long-time friend from her childhood had the EXACT SAME problem. friend was having twins. left ventricle didn't develop in one of the babies. gave birth. had one heart procedure, but the baby didn't make it. hoping for a different outcome here. let's hope medical science can save the olsens.

#6 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

Prayers to Greg....don't even think about football

#7 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,064 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

"The survival rate for HLHS patients is in the 75-percent range."

Good to hear. Let's hope for the best. We need some Olsen signs on Sunday.

#8 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,290 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

This was shown on ESPN before the game last Sun. Has been posted but obviously not everyone has seen it and am glad it was posted again.

A very touching story. Got to really feel for the Olsens and hope the best for them and their son. They seem like an impressive couple. Makes me even more glad he is a Panther.

Also...amazing about JR. As Greg said...he has known him less than a year and never met his wife. He is a very good man. Very big gesture for them to name their son after him. All of this, just wow.

Good luck little TJ...we are all pulling for you. I hope you are a very long....life long.... Panther fan.

#9 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

Unlike Lady Panther, I think it's pretty rediculous that people didn't see this 30 min before kickoff. I am glad that more people are being made ware of the situation, as the Olsens need every prayer necesary. I do wish that people would pay more attention on game days though. Just think about how hype you would have been for Olsen after scoring the First TD Sunday had u known about his family situation.

God Bless

#10 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:30 AM

Unlike Lady Panther, I think it's pretty rediculous that people didn't see this 30 min before kickoff. I am glad that more people are being made ware of the situation, as the Olsens need every prayer necesary. I do wish that people would pay more attention on game days though. Just think about how hype you would have been for Olsen after scoring the First TD Sunday had u known about his family situation.

God Bless

Not everyone gets to sit down in front of the TV 30 minutes before kickoff.

I didn't see this until now, though I saw people talking about it. Thanks for posting, panthergrl!

#11 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

OH! I get it.

'The Olsen twins'

How convenient.

#12 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,050 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

Anyone who has children or plans on having them has to feel for the Olsen's. It is the expectant parent's biggest fear, that something will be wrong with their baby. They are brave for taking it on publicly not knowing the outcome of the surgeries rather than keeping it to themselves until they find out the outcome. It is always amazing what kind of support you receive when you put things out there and communicate to others instead of keeping it in.

it gives people like Mr Richardson the opportunity to show his support and demonstrate his caring for the Olsens.

#13 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,412 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

A friend's oldest has survived all three surgeries. He still is expected to only live to around 20 years old, and won't be able to participate in any strenuous activities like any fast paced sports. God bless all that are affected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com