- - - - -

Yaz on Cam

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

Yaz and all the other so-called media should spend a lot less time on a 23 year old's perceived demeanor on the sidelines and lot more time talking about the violence of more than a few NFL players off the field along with how to stop the injuries that are killing them.

One topic is easier than the other and one puts the focus on the NFL and not one player.

Newton will do has he does. It will work for the Panthers or it wont and in the Not For Long League, if the Panthers don't win the business side will handle it.

Having a player in the NFL who beat up on his Mother a few weeks ago to me is a much larger problem.

IMHO.

#42 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

There's saying Cam needs to work on his professional demeanor and then there's what Yas did. He called him childish, said he acts like he's 12, said he needs to grow up and repeatedly referred to his demeanor when he's pissed off about losing as "pouting", said most of the blame for our 1-3 record falls on Cam, and all of those things are gross exaggerations.

Cam's attitude when he's pissed off about losing isn't pouting. Pouting is throwing a tantrum when you don't get your way, or being petulant when you don't get your way. Cam doesn't hide his emotions well, but that isn't pouting. Sounds to me like Yas is the one pouting about something...

You're using purely semantical arguments. My definition of pouting is exactly what Cam does. Being upset and off-putting when things don't go your way. So, that falls right in line.

Yas said most of the blame falls on Cam, but that it's partly just because he is the QB. He's talking about the national media and fans blaming Cam, whether it be warranted or unwarranted.

#43 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationWherever I May Roam
HUDDLER

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

Unless Yaz means Carl Yastrzemski, never use Yaz as a word again.

Nobody, I mean NOBODY, except Carl Yastrzemski gets to be called "Yaz." How dare you.....

#44 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

You're using purely semantical arguments. My definition of pouting is exactly what Cam does. Being upset and off-putting when things don't go your way. So, that falls right in line.

Yas said most of the blame falls on Cam, but that it's partly just because he is the QB. He's talking about the national media and fans blaming Cam, whether it be warranted or unwarranted.

In my mind there's a pretty big difference between pouting and being in a bad mood because you lost. Pouting is what my kids do when they don't get what they want. Being in a bad mood is what I am after the Panthers lose. I don't pout and my kids don't get in bad moods. There's a pretty big difference there. Cam clearly falls into the category of "bad mood". Well adjusted adults can be in bad moods, they don't pout. Yas even used the word "childish" which isn't the way Cam acted, in my opinion, at all. Childish would be the way Brees acted in response to the bounty revelations, or the way DA had that outburst a couple years ago. I've seen plenty of athletes act childish, but Cam isn't one of them.

#45 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

HUDDLER

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:15 AM

Cam needs to stop sulking through mid-week pressers. I'm a cam fan, he is not helping this situation.

Too be honest I dont see why players have to give mid-week pressers

This type of poo makes you not want to. I probably wouldn't... fine me

#46 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• LocationDark Side of the Moon
HUDDLER

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

They're saying Cam needs to work on his professional demeanor and then there's what Yas did. He called him childish, said he acts like he's 12, said he needs to grow up and repeatedly referred to his demeanor when he's pissed off about losing as "pouting", said most of the blame for our 1-3 record falls on Cam, and all of those things are gross exaggerations.

Cam's attitude when he's pissed off about losing isn't pouting. Pouting is throwing a tantrum when you don't get your way, or being petulant when you don't get your way. Cam doesn't hide his emotions well, but that isn't pouting. Sounds to me like Yas is the one pouting about something...

Pouting is NOT throwing a tantrum. Pouting us sitting over in the corner sulking when you don't get your way.

At least know the definition of a word before you challenge some else's use of it.

#47 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• LocationDark Side of the Moon
HUDDLER

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

Cam has a ton if ability and u believe WILL be an elite QB in the NFL.

However, there are definitely things he needs to work on to reach that potential:

1. He needs to continue to develop and refine his mechanics...we all know that.

2. He DOES need to work on his sideline demeanor and how he interacts with his team mates and coaches in the sidelines. He needs to stop the sulking.

3. He had really year to show that clutch response that he did in college. At Auburn, he delivered a big play when they needed it. We have had many games with the ball in the offenses hands (needing a couple if first downs or a score to win) and not delivered. He needs to get that back.

#48 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

yaz is back in pinhead mode.

start ignoring him. he's a prick.

He's realized this is the only way for him to get attention.

#49 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

I wish I had the talent to be a pro athlete. The way I would treat the media and make sure they know how much of a joke existence they live would be epic.

#50 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

• LocationCO
HUDDLER

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

We're averaging like 3 extensive articles a week by these people who get paid to press buttons with letters on them...so when we start winning things will sure as hell get interesting.

btw...a teeball player comparison?? wtf Prisco...I mean Yas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users