Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ProFootballFocus: Secret Superstars for Week 4

32 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Found this over there after reading the 3TFO.

[url="https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/04/secret-superstars-week-4/"]https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/04/secret-superstars-week-4/[/url]

[quote]
[color=#008000][size=1][b]Frank Alexander, DE, Carolina Panthers[/b][/size][/color]
[img]https://www.profootballfocus.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/SSWK04alexander.jpg[/img]The problem for backup defensive linemen is trying to make an impact with few opportunities. That’s particularly true for pass rushers, where you are going to be judged on the cumulative amount of pressure you can bring, despite possibly getting the chance to rush the passer on only a handful of plays. [b]Frank Alexander [/b]([color=#008000][b]+2.3[/b][/color]) certainly did his best to make an impact on his 20 pass rush attempts in Week 4.
With two sacks, a hit and a hurry, Alexander generated pressure of some form once every five pass rushes. Our Pass Rushing Productivity Signature Stat, which measures pressure on a per snap basis, shows that he was the sixth most productive 4-3 defensive end, with a PRP Rating of 18.4. His final pressure of the game came against [b]Sam Baker[/b] on 2nd-and-10 with 3:08 remaining in the game. Alexander applied pressure almost immediately from the snap, drove Baker back toward [b]Matt Ryan[/b] with a bull rush, and registered a hit on the Falcons’ quarterback that forced an incompletion.
[/quote]

Posted · Report post

Probably the best trade of the year.

Posted · Report post

good seeing him stepping up and making plays. keep it up Frank.

Posted · Report post

Bust.

Cut him.

Fire Hurney!!!

Posted · Report post

He has been more productive in his first four games than Everette Brown's entire career here.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jackofalltrades' timestamp='1349569416' post='1936039']
Bust.

Cut him.

Fire Hurney!!!
[/quote]
no
no
yes
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

He could be the best pick of this year's draft. I'll be interested to see when/if he hits the rookie wall.

Posted · Report post

I wonder which DEs he is performing better than that were takin ahead of him. Those maddens guys are screwing him over on his rating.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='natty' timestamp='1349569728' post='1936045']
He could be the best pick of this year's draft. I'll be interested to see when/if he hits the rookie wall.
[/quote]

He will shatter that wall

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Argus Plexus' timestamp='1349569210' post='1936033']
Probably the best trade of the year.
[/quote]

Yep. And I remember 99% of the huddle screaming when Hurney made the draft day trade to get this guy.

Maybe.. Just maybe the staff knows a little more than the masses on the huddle (myself included).

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MadHatter' timestamp='1349570735' post='1936053']
Yep. And I remember 99% of the huddle screaming when Hurney made the draft day trade to get this guy.

Maybe.. Just maybe the staff knows a little more than the masses on the huddle (myself included).
[/quote]

they know what they know

ya know

Posted · Report post

I liked the guy as a prospect when we drafted him but hated trading away future picks and still do. Wether he completely flops or does great doesn't really change that.

Trading a 3rd+6th for a 4th straight up isn't something you should be doing IMO. Entering every draft short on picks when you focus on building through the draft and mainly ignore free agency isn't the best idea either.

I just hate that we go into seemingly every offseason over the cap and short on draft picks. Makes it extremely difficult to add a signifigant amount of talent. Again just my opinion.
1 person likes this