• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

Found this over there after reading the 3TFO.

https://www.profootb...erstars-week-4/

Frank Alexander, DE, Carolina Panthers
Posted ImageThe problem for backup defensive linemen is trying to make an impact with few opportunities. That’s particularly true for pass rushers, where you are going to be judged on the cumulative amount of pressure you can bring, despite possibly getting the chance to rush the passer on only a handful of plays. Frank Alexander (+2.3) certainly did his best to make an impact on his 20 pass rush attempts in Week 4.
With two sacks, a hit and a hurry, Alexander generated pressure of some form once every five pass rushes. Our Pass Rushing Productivity Signature Stat, which measures pressure on a per snap basis, shows that he was the sixth most productive 4-3 defensive end, with a PRP Rating of 18.4. His final pressure of the game came against Sam Baker on 2nd-and-10 with 3:08 remaining in the game. Alexander applied pressure almost immediately from the snap, drove Baker back toward Matt Ryan with a bull rush, and registered a hit on the Falcons’ quarterback that forced an incompletion.

#2 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,656 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

Probably the best trade of the year.

#3 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,492 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

good seeing him stepping up and making plays. keep it up Frank.

#4 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,397 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

Bust.

Cut him.

Fire Hurney!!!

#5 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,280 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

He has been more productive in his first four games than Everette Brown's entire career here.

#6 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,492 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

Bust.

Cut him.

Fire Hurney!!!

no
no
yes

#7 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

He could be the best pick of this year's draft. I'll be interested to see when/if he hits the rookie wall.

#8 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

I wonder which DEs he is performing better than that were takin ahead of him. Those maddens guys are screwing him over on his rating.

#9 beach

beach

|~~-~-~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,674 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

He could be the best pick of this year's draft. I'll be interested to see when/if he hits the rookie wall.

He will shatter that wall

#10 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,978 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

Probably the best trade of the year.

Yep. And I remember 99% of the huddle screaming when Hurney made the draft day trade to get this guy.

Maybe.. Just maybe the staff knows a little more than the masses on the huddle (myself included).

#11 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

Yep. And I remember 99% of the huddle screaming when Hurney made the draft day trade to get this guy.

Maybe.. Just maybe the staff knows a little more than the masses on the huddle (myself included).

they know what they know

ya know

#12 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,807 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

I liked the guy as a prospect when we drafted him but hated trading away future picks and still do. Wether he completely flops or does great doesn't really change that.

Trading a 3rd+6th for a 4th straight up isn't something you should be doing IMO. Entering every draft short on picks when you focus on building through the draft and mainly ignore free agency isn't the best idea either.

I just hate that we go into seemingly every offseason over the cap and short on draft picks. Makes it extremely difficult to add a signifigant amount of talent. Again just my opinion.

#13 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,105 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

we need more secret superstars.. or else GM/Coach needs the axe.

#14 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:40 PM

I liked the guy as a prospect when we drafted him but hated trading away future picks and still do. Wether he completely flops or does great doesn't really change that.

Trading a 3rd+6th for a 4th straight up isn't something you should be doing IMO. Entering every draft short on picks when you focus on building through the draft and mainly ignore free agency isn't the best idea either.

I just hate that we go into seemingly every offseason over the cap and short on draft picks. Makes it extremely difficult to add a signifigant amount of talent. Again just my opinion.

In other words, we need a new GM

#15 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,181 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

Sometimes I do believe you can be right about this. Then there are the rest of the times when I think our Front Office is still learning on the job.

This years draft was amazing. If we continue this trend we might actually get better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.