• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,243 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

Yep. And I remember 99% of the huddle screaming when Hurney made the draft day trade to get this guy.

Maybe.. Just maybe the staff knows a little more than the masses on the huddle (myself included).

They certainly know how to not win football games.

#17 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,598 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

Yep. And I remember 99% of the huddle screaming when Hurney made the draft day trade to get this guy.

Maybe.. Just maybe the staff knows a little more than the masses on the huddle (myself included).

Then I think your memory is a bit fuzzy. Many were happy that we selected Alexander, although naturally most lamented that we had to give up next year's 3rd.

Generally speaking, I would say 70% of the Huddle thought we had a great draft, with many of us stating it had been one of the best since the early 2000's.

#18 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:16 AM

Probably the best trade of the year.

Not if Joe Adams doesn't pan out. Either way though, I like Frank.

#19 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

• HUDDLER
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

A lot of people forget this guy was a possible first/second rounder before a test erroneously detected a heart condition, which kept him out of the combine. If that didn't happen we would never have been able to pick him.

#20 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:26 AM

Joe Adams wasn't involved in the trade in any way. He was picked with our original 4th. We traded a 3rd and 6th for the 4th directly in front of our pick.

#21 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,752 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:41 AM

Say huh? What does Adams have to do with anything?

#22 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:52 AM

Probably the best trade of the year.

huh?

#23 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:56 AM

I liked the guy as a prospect when we drafted him but hated trading away future picks and still do. Wether he completely flops or does great doesn't really change that.

Trading a 3rd+6th for a 4th straight up isn't something you should be doing IMO. Entering every draft short on picks when you focus on building through the draft and mainly ignore free agency isn't the best idea either.

I just hate that we go into seemingly every offseason over the cap and short on draft picks. Makes it extremely difficult to add a signifigant amount of talent. Again just my opinion.

Its like every year Hurney is taking a little more money out of the savings account to roll the dice one more time. Ever been gambling in vegas? Howd that work out for you?

#24 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,752 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:03 AM

Oh good, another thread hijacked by Hurney haters, because we certainly don't have enough of those already,

#25 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

I dont hate Hurney - I actually like him - I just dont think hes a great gm for us.

#26 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

yeah, clearly they are football geniuses. once they field a team that looks more prepared than an average high school team maybe we can talk about how much they know.

#27 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

yeah, clearly they are football geniuses. once they field a team that looks more prepared than an average high school team maybe we can talk about how much they know. until then we are in the basement of the NFL.

#28 Vampire the buffet slayer

Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,277 posts
  • Locationunder an aluminum hat

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:16 AM

I always see posters calling for the firing of Hurney, and yet I NEVER see any posts about who would replace him.

Sometimes I think some posters on here just copy whatever they read and then repost it as there own opinion.

Whereas in reality they wouldnt even have an opinion, cept the ones supplied to them by the masses.

#29 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,243 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

It's strange seeing a #90 hustle every play he's in.

#30 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:32 AM

It's strange seeing a #90 hustle every play he's in.

That's what I love about him the most so far - He just never quits. Now, whether this is because he's going all out in his limited opportunities and trying to earn a starting position, or that he's just got a constant motor is debatable. If he can maintain that same type of every-down effort as a starter then we got a real steal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com