• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#16 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:16 PM

I don't mind his offense, it was horrific but he's paid his dues. I just don't think he's a very good QB for our system...

#17 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,257 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:21 PM

I would have no problem with Vick in Carolina.

He has served his time.
More time than Leonard Little ever served for that matter.
Everyone gets a second chance.
YOU CANNOT DENY his athletic ability.

Ask yourself this.
If you knew today that Mike Vick on this team would = Lombardi would you have a problem with him here ?

Since we are playing the "ask random situational questions" game that would never come true....

would you sell your soul to the devil if you knew you could sleep with (name actress) for one night?

I really doubt he would lead us to the Superbowl... Falcons had a dominating run game and they only got close once out of his entire career there.

So did we without Vick... (wasn't it right around the same time?)

#18 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,445 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:30 PM

You are dead to me, Kurb.

And he served his time for gambling. Hasn't served a bit of time for the cruelty to the dogs.

Skew,

I have loved and lost too many dogs to count, however he has served the time he was convicted for.

I don't like the guy, but everyone gets a second chance, like it or not.

#19 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,445 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:31 PM

Since we are playing the "ask random situational questions" game that would never come true....

would you sell your soul to the devil if you knew you could sleep with (name actress) for one night?

I really doubt he would lead us to the Superbowl... Falcons had a dominating run game and they only got close once out of his entire career there.

So did we without Vick... (wasn't it right around the same time?)

That could be the worst comparison I have ever heard in my life.

Would you chop off your wiener and eat it for $5 ?
:confused:

#20 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,925 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:34 PM

I think it's a moot point, or is it muzzled. He ain't coming here.

#21 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:34 PM

Actually for Elisha...

:lol:

#22 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,571 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:36 PM

Skew,

I have loved and lost too many dogs to count, however he has served the time he was convicted for.

Vick gets a second chance after electrocuting, drowning, and shooting dogs and betting on dog fights? You might have loved and lost dogs in the past, but Im sure you didn't treat them that way. F*ck him. He's a piece of sh*t and doesn't deserve stepping a foot on a football field ever again.

#23 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,445 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:36 PM

I think it's a moot point, or is it muzzled. He ain't coming here.

Indeed

#24 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,445 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:38 PM

Vick gets a second chance after electrocuting, drowning, and shooting dogs and betting on dog fights? You might have loved and lost dogs in the past, but Im sure you didn't treat them that way. F*ck him. He's a piece of sh*t and doesn't deserve stepping a foot on a football field ever again.

While that may be true, the NFL allows murders to play without even a blink.
Many of which didn't serve a damn day in Jail.

#25 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

• Moderators
  • 6,185 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:40 PM

Skew,

And I'm just saying he hasn't served all the time for the crimes he committed.

Sure, he deserves a second chance, as a garbage man. Not an NFL QB.

If a CPA committed fraud against his clients, he would not be allowed to be a CPA again.

Most people with high end jobs would not get their job back for committing the same fraudulent act.

Just saying.

#26 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,257 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:42 PM

oh please... it's just as incoherent of a question as your was, which was the point. Thanks for continuing and playing along. Vick had the same running game success as we have now.

You're implying that Vick would have a great chance to take us to the SB if we brought him in.

And based on real examples.... NO... it wouldn't happen. Since he tried and failed with a similar top running game...

I'm not even harping on the whole dog thing.. Vick won't lead us to the SB. We have a real life example of why not based on your own question..

Edited by bleys, 19 May 2009 - 07:47 PM.

#27 transitCATS

transitCATS

Panther-UNC-VT Supporter

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:44 PM

They were saying what team has good management to handle vick and the wild cat..he said Carolina..we would never take him..but the guy did his time so I cant judge him..

Agreed..... Time served lesson learned. Anyone who can't forgive and move on needs to never, ever, never, ever, EVER do anything bad and ask for forgiveness or apologize again, cause they simply do no wrong.

#28 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,925 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:46 PM

Posted Image

#29 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,508 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:47 PM

Justify one crime by comparing it to something more heinous doesn't make it right or any more forgivable.

The fact that some guys get off for murder doesn't justify letting him off for his crimes. He did his time so he deserves to get out of jail. That doesn't mean he should be welcomed back into the NFL with open arms. He still has to prove that he is reformed, remorseful, and would not repeat that or any other crime.

Even after that he has shown himself to be a pretty poor leader, role model, and last I remember couldn't learn the West Coast offense in 5 years. Why is he all of a sudden a great athlete and good quarterback. He was mediocre at best. If Atlanta doesn't want him back, why would we????

And to your question I wouldn't want him on my team if it guaranteed a Superbowl. I wouldn't give him the sweat off my balls if he was dying of thirst. Of anyone in the NFL, I dislike him the most. That won't change no matter what he says or does.

#30 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,445 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

oh please... it's just as incoherent of a question as your was, which was the point. Thanks for continuing and playing along. Vick had the same running game success as we have now.

You're implying that Vick would have a great chance to take us to the SB if we brought him in.

And based on real examples.... NO... it wouldn't happen. Since he tried and failed with a similar top running game...

I'm not even harping on the whole dog thing.. Vick won't lead us to the SB. We have a real life example of why not based on your own question..

I wasn't implying anything.
I was illustrating that many fans will do anything for a Superbowl.
Even cozying up with a someone with questionable morals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.