Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Smith fighting with CB

51 posts in this topic

Posted

I still love it. Love the intensity. Only player on the team that seems to give a poo whatsoever. I see more passionate play from the girl in RF on my Wednesday night coed softball team than I do from anyone else on the Panthers. Nobody cares. Say what you want about being composed, ill take a guy that slams his helmet when he fumbles the ball, knocks over a Gatorade cooler when he gives up a TD. Something. Anything. This team is fuging lifeless and it starts at the top.

It's taken damn near twenty years, but I've finally accepted I am a fan of a garbage team, and I expect them to lose each week from here on out. If they don't, that's awesome, but I had an emotional epiphany today that if nobody on the team gives a damn, why should I?

Ill watch this team every Sunday from now until forever, but I'm not gonna let it fug up my blood pressure or stress me out anymore. Ill just sorta roll with whatever happens.

What you are enjoying is a selfish player at work.....

don't confuse immaturity as passion.....that often is the case with Smith.

1 person likes this

Posted

of all the things we could bitch about regarding this god awful franchise... you're going with this? smith hiptossing that fool was one of the only highlights in todays game... everyone else showed me NOTHING

Posted

of all the things we could bitch about regarding this god awful franchise... you're going with this? smith hiptossing that fool was one of the only highlights in todays game... everyone else showed me NOTHING

Problem is people think that was impressive.....

it wasn't.....Seattle got the best of Smith.

1 person likes this

Posted

Who gives a damn.

Hmmm. You don't care how the captain of your team behaves. So much for setting an example. And you wonder why your team is the way it is.

Posted

Problem is people think that was impressive.....

it wasn't.....Seattle got the best of Smith.

This is what kills me about some of these fans. On one hand they sit and pick apart the QB because he's suppose to be the leader and lead the team. On the other hand they dismiss the behavior of the actual team leader and captain.

Do you expect a team to be a winning team when the leader of their team shows no self control and maturity? Funny how they expect it all from Cam thou.

Posted

Hmmm. You don't care how the captain of your team behaves. So much for setting an example. And you wonder why your team is the way it is.

If everyone on this team has half the heart of 89, we'd be better than 1-4. So shut it up.

Posted

Can anyone gif this please. I enjoy watching Smitty fug someone up.

You cannot expect one thing from one player while condone the behavior of another. Bad habits are quite contagious with teams

Posted

I don't know, I'm against the OP on this one. Smitty has been a ferocious force week in and week out. I'm sorry if you don't appreciate his on field mannerisms but I sure as hell get pumped up watching Smitty scuffle with CB's rather than stoic-statue Rivera standing on the sidelines with a blank face ...

Sometimes players have bad games, but NO one plays with his tenacity every week. Let's not throw our best player under the bus...

Posted

If everyone on this team has half the heart of 89, we'd be better than 1-3. So shut it up.

You could say the same thing about Cams's heart or a host of others....

problem is people lump all Smith's behavior in to be "heart". That wasn't heart....that was a player who took himself foolishly out of plays. We people are bragging about is Seattle owning him in the context that really matters

Posted

You could say the same thing about Cams's heart or a host of others....

problem is people lump all Smith's behavior in to be "heart". That wasn't heart....that was a player who took himself foolishly out of plays. We people are bragging about is Seattle owning him in the context that really matters

Bc 89 has a resume of bad behaviors in the past, you lump Smith's heart in to be bad behavior. That wasn't bad behavior.

Posted

You cannot expect one thing from one player while condone the behavior of another. Bad habits are quite contagious with teams

I can actually pretty much do what the fug I want to IMO

Posted

I don't know, I'm against the OP on this one. Smitty has been a ferocious force week in and week out. I'm sorry if you don't appreciate his on field mannerisms but I sure as hell get pumped up watching Smitty scuffle with CB's rather than stoic-statue Rivera standing on the sidelines with a blank face ...

Sometimes players have bad games, but NO one plays with his tenacity every week. Let's not throw our best player under the bus...

Smith was our best player, but isn't our best player now, not even close. Some of it is not his fault though, he just doesn't have the speed anymore for the position he is asked to play in our offense.