72 replies to this topic

#61 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

I'm not a Brees or Rivers fan. But Cam is a different type of QB of both those two. I think the comparison can't even be made.

#62 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

Cam sucks at the short to mid passing game.
He doesn't make quick decisions often.

These are the same problems he had as a rookie, that were overlooked cause he was a rookie.
It's hurting us more now.

But let us blame to coaches. Let us blame hurney, cause heaven forbids us from holding our players accountable for execution, or anything, unless their name is d. Williams, captain, and beason.

#63 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

Look at All 22 film. Our offense runs a lot of deep routes. We always run out of shotgun. Newton doesn't have many short options. We hardly even run screens anymore.

Newton looked horrific in the Seattle game (keep in mind this against maybe the best D in the NFL, second to SF at worst). But he certainly hasn't gotten much help.

#64 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

These are the same problems he had as a rookie, that were overlooked cause he was a rookie.

But let us blame to coaches. Let us blame hurney, cause heaven forbids us from holding our players accountable for execution, or anything, unless their name is d. Williams, captain, and beason.

Yeah, let's hold Cam accountable for not being able to carry a team on his back routinely like a 10 yr vet future HOFer is successfully able to.....

That makes sense.

#65 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,044 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

Every play, with very few exceptions, have short and intermediate routes.

#66 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,044 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

Yeah, let's hold Cam accountable for not being able to carry a team on his back routinely limke a 10 yr vet future HOFer is successfully able to.....

That makes sense.

that's not what im saying at all. So don't insinuate that i am
You are wasting my time, your time, and proving to be ignorant.

#67 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

that's not what im saying at all. So don't insinuate that i am
You are wasting my time, your time, and proving to be ignorant.

You said Cam should be blamed....

I am saying he should. But his issues aren't why we suck. We suck bc we have asked a kid to be our team from his first NFL start forward....

He should get some blame....but why we suck has little to do with Cam. Overall, what he has brought to the table is more than a lot of teams get from the position since he arrived.....our coaches and supporting cast our much bigger issues.

#68 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

Posted Image

#69 Toundra

Toundra

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:14 AM

Maybe i am wrong but i find Rivera a litle shy, he is not pushing, rallying his team, he seems to be watching the game.
In another thread i sayed "if cam give up the whole team will give up", let me correct myself, if Rivera give up, Cam will give up and the whole team will give up.

Jon Gruden is an impetuous coach, he can rally a demoralized team.

#70 Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray

Gazing In The Mirror

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:20 AM

Cam had a bad game Sunday. But to pin this season's disaster on him is moronic. From last year...Cam has gotten worse. Williams has gotten worse. Stewart has gotten worse. The offensive line has gotten worse. The entire offense has gotten worse. That's obviously a coaching failure. There's no reason this team should be as bad as it is, with arguably more talent than it had last year. Did anybody look at the game Sunday and think Seattle had more talent than us? Of course not. And yet we lost again, and looked confused in doing so. That's what's so frustrating. We should be better than we are.

#71 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

I didn't want to mention it, but do you guys remember all the ints Cam was throwing in training camp? Many said it meant nothing, that it was just camp. Guys were getting in the swing of things, and they were finding their rhythm. Yet when Sione Fua picks off Cam, I knew right then and there it was no longer "just training camp". When Josh Norman have five picks in practice, and now haven't shown anything of resemblence in both pre-season play and now season play, I know there is a problem here. You play like you practice.

I've also said how this coaching staff has encouraged Cam to use his running ability as a main weapon in this offense, and that was evidenced in how many times Cam took off in training camp. The crowd would get excited and start cheering, but now looking back, it looks like we were setting ourselves up for failure. We know Cam can run, why make that something we practice? Dudes a QB, practice being a QB. So Cam is definitely not the issue, it's this coaching staff on so many levels. They failed to prepare Cam for this season. They went into this season having Cam use his running ability as a main part of this offense. Every other team's defense, especially our division rivals, prepared to stop Cam from running. Once they shut down that part of our offense, it leaves the one part that we failed to practice for in the offseason. Throwing the ball. Cam's sophmore slump was destined to happened because of this staff.

So the next time Cam throws all these ints in training camp, don't just wave it off as nothing. Especially when you hear Fua getting an int.

#72 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,569 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

not sure what team you were paying attention to when he was at tampa, but he certainly wore out his welcome with the players. they hated him.

he's not the nice guy hugging everyone's nuts that you see on MNF. he's a prick and he was worse at developing QBs than fox or at least just as bad. his answer to the QB problem they had there...throw 8 old QBs into the mix and see what shakes out.

look elsewhere.

#73 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

Maybe i am wrong but i find Rivera a litle shy, he is not pushing, rallying his team, he seems to be watching the game.
In another thread i sayed "if cam give up the whole team will give up", let me correct myself, if Rivera give up, Cam will give up and the whole team will give up.

I still don't understand why everyone thinks Gruden is so good a fit.

He did pretty well with Dungy's players.

Then he promptly alienated his players and drafted QBs like you won the superbowl based on how many you brought to camp. Subsequently his systems utterly failed to develop any of them.

Not to mention to roster nightmares TB went through near the end of his tenure.

Do not want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.