<

Photo
- - - - -

Time to move on from Steve Smith

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#46 Lakelover

Lakelover

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

It is beginning to look like Smith has lost a little something this year. He's still the best we have.

Just had a bad day. I just got tired of the bickering with the db's who were into his head all game.

#47 PantherGuy

PantherGuy

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

At least he was fired up. Nobody else gives a poo. We're developing a losing mentality and it shows. Jesus, its awful to watch.

Looks to me like we've had a losing mentality since 2009.

#48 footballisasport

footballisasport

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

What about the very first ball thrown to him? Cam put it on his hands, he bobbled it and he dropped it as he ran out of bounds. There were others too. Cam wasn't accurate today, but there were some balls Smith needed to catch.

Catch the damn balls. Smitty JOB is to CATCH balls. NO MATTER how they are thrown. His job is to do EVERYTHING to help his QB help this team win.

This is the problem with this team. WAY more expectation is placed on the rookies than the VETS. Smitty is not only the Captain of this team. He's also a team leader. You seriously wonder why this team is losing so badly?

All last season all you kept hearing was how much Cam has put a resurgence in Smitty's receiving career. Everyone on here wanted to give Smitty all of the credit for Cam's passing records. So I guess it must be Smitty why this team is losing because for the past three weeks he's not stepped up and the team has lost.

On every team the receiver knows he has to step up to help his QB..Every team but this one. And you wonder why your record is 1-4. Blame all that DIVA attitude.

Then again, unlike other receivers, Steve is a vet and should never be held accountable for anything on this team. Especially since he's been on the team the longest.

I wouldn't be surprised if all the throws Cam was making to him instead of the other receivers like Olsen, was intentionally orchestrated by the coaches because Smitty catches fits behind the scene.

I remember how he was with Clausen.

#49 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

^ stop forming conclusions.... its not working for you

#50 footballisasport

footballisasport

HUDDLER

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

It is beginning to look like Smith has lost a little something this year. He's still the best we have.

Just had a bad day. I just got tired of the bickering with the db's who were into his head all game.

Wow...such a dismissive attitude for a receiver who hasn't been stepping up his game in the past three weeks. Yet in another thread you QB is so analyzed because of his bad day some feel he needs mental help.

And you wonder why your team isn't winning.

#51 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

And this is why your team is losing.

You much rather go all out on one person on the team than blame the true leaders of your team.

When are you going to demand them to step you and carry this team like you folks seem to enjoy doing with your rookie QB.

We don't have a rookie QB. Stop saying that, you look like a fuging dumbass

#52 Jim Harbaugh

Jim Harbaugh

__Ready To Win__

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

Hes making bonehead plays. And on top of that drops. If you wanna talk poo, for fugs sake catch the ball.

Only Fiz could properly respond to this dribble.

#53 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

Read like 5 posts further next time, please.

Now if you didn't post inaccurate crap the first time I would not need to read further back, would I?

#54 PantherGuy

PantherGuy

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

Catch the damn balls. Smitty JOB is to CATCH balls. NO MATTER how they are thrown. His job is to do EVERYTHING to help his QB help this team win.

This is the problem with this team. WAY more expectation is placed on the rookies than the VETS. Smitty is not only the Captain of this team. He's also a team leader. You seriously wonder why this team is losing so badly?

All last season all you kept hearing was how much Cam has put a resurgence in Smitty's receiving career. Everyone on here wanted to give Smitty all of the credit for Cam's passing records. So I guess it must be Smitty why this team is losing because for the past three weeks he's not stepped up and the team has lost.

On every team the receiver knows he has to step up to help his QB..Every team but this one. And you wonder why your record is 1-4. Blame all that DIVA attitude.

Then again, unlike other receivers, Steve is a vet and should never be held accountable for anything on this team. Especially since he's been on the team the longest.

I wouldn't be surprised if all the throws Cam was making to him instead of the other receivers like Olsen, was intentionally orchestrated by the coaches because Smitty catches fits behind the scene.

I remember how he was with Clausen.

What the hell are you doing jumping all over me? I'm not defending Smith, and nothing in my post that you quoted defended Smith. Jeez.

#55 Monday Night Shyamalan

Monday Night Shyamalan

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

Hes making bonehead plays. And on top of that drops. If you wanna talk poo, for fugs sake catch the ball.

Riiiggghhttt ... cause arguably the best Panther ever had a couple drops so lets move on. Let's be realistic guys, Cam threw a lot of bad balls as well, everyone is entitled to their bad games. Otherwise I'm banking on Smitty everytime.

#56 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

HUDDLER

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

...I mean how long you gonna ride the piss outta Smitty.. hes like what 33, 34?...If Smitty wants to take a shyt on the fifty yard line hes earned it! Of course if Hurney would have gotten a solid number 2 to complement Smitty, lets say in the last fkin 8 years, we could be a prolific offence. But Martys last realistic stab at a number 2 was Dwayne and when that didnt pan out after 3 years Marty just said fk it...so we got what we got and thats my version of it is what it is...

#57 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

HUDDLER

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

Now if you didn't post inaccurate crap the first time I would not need to read further back, would I?

Wasn't inaccurate, just misunderstood the original post when quoting it. Steve & Muhs were great numbers 1 & 2 while Hurney was here, so he didn't HAVE to find another "legit" #2 receiver for a long time.