Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No sense of urgency in Rivera's voice...

66 posts in this topic

Posted

He was about to smile at one question. He went on to blame the players, of course. He then said we have the players to compete, we need to continue to try and find the right combo. I think he believes coaching is spot on. Al I got from it was "whatever fugers, I'm cashing them NFL checks".

1 person likes this

Posted

It's becoming more and more apparent he isn't cut out for the job. The quesion remains though... As long as Richardson is the owner, does it matter?

Hurney is just as equally responsible for our failures as anyone, will he be shown the door? Will Richardson quit being a stubborn old fool and embrace the modern NFL?

Posted

He's done

Posted

Coaches don't usually get the axe during the season, and JR wouldn't do that in the first place. So the question is, does JR and Hurney give Rivera a thirs year?

JR should relinquish both, honestly.

1 person likes this

Posted

He knows defense, but HC controls the whole team. Thats why he sucks

I wonder does McDermott know anything about offense? Atleast I know he fuging moves talks and motivates

Remember my recent Cam thread right. Yes, players reflect their coaches and they're fuging lost

Yeah I understand all that, but I really just can't believe that he used to coach top defense. Football is a very emotional game. When the team gets down a good coach will pump up his players. I just don't understand how Rivera was so successful as a DC being so emotionless. It's annoying seeing him stand there with his arms folded while other HC's are screaming, jumping up and down, showing excitement -- showing SOME SORT OF EMOTION. Anyways, rant over... I'm just so disappointed in the entire team.

Posted

My boy said the Steelers were down to him and Tomlin a few years back. They didn't hire him because they see he didn't have that "killer" instinct. I see its true.

Posted

i hate that fu(king retard

Posted

He's out of his legaue

Posted

He's done

thats a given - any fool can see that - the question is when? during this season, after it, or will "management" give him another year?

1 person likes this

Posted

He's done

thats a given - any fool can see that - the question is when? during this season, after it, or will "management" give him another year?

Posted

A season to marvel indeed.

Posted

It really hurts me to want to turn against Rivera because he really does seem like a good guy and he was saying all of the right things to make the fanbase excited when he was hired. But he's yet to deliver on any of his promises. The team is loaded with talent so there's no excuse for them not to be competitive. Instead they've looked sloppy and apathetic. When no player on the team is playing to their ability that's a problem with the coaches not the players.

It's also noteworthy that a few years back tons of players were coming to the defense of John Fox, and not a single player has said a word defending Rivera.

3 people like this