Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

No sense of urgency in Rivera's voice...

65 posts in this topic

Why should he? JR doesn't direct the organization with a sense of urgency. If the owner was chewing you out every week, you'd have a little more passion. This guy has none.

You're onto something. I honestly think this franchise will reek of mediocrity until JR is no longer the owner.

1 person likes this

kinda emotionless...im really suprised by it..OMG...George S... 2.0.. i can hear it next season... the life has been sucked out of this team...blah blah blah...Riverea needs to show he can do more than balance a turd on a fork...

My boy said the Steelers were down to him and Tomlin a few years back. They didn't hire him because they see he didn't have that "killer" instinct. I see its true.

You see it, I see it, everyone sees it. It seems that between Fox and Rivera, having a killer instinct is not a requirement for Panthers coaching candidates. Maybe it never was, and maybe your chances of getting the job increase if you don't have a killer instinct.

Riveria is our version of Mike Singultary a good coordinator, but a bad Head coach. The lame duck coach before we get a Great Coach to light a fire under this team

Polian/Dungy 2013

1 person likes this

If we don't do better than last year with most of our starters back, then he's toast. He needs to light a fire under the OC and DC

butts. In turn all players should play like their employment depended on it.

I swear, Rivera lacks the ability to react.

If he put his hand on a hot stove he probably would keep it there.

I was scolded in the Huddle for saying that I wanted a HC that showed emotion on the sideline. Our team plays like our HC acts.

there was a reason he was interviewed 9 times and rejected 9 times....but this organization does the same thing wit players....we take practice squad players and make them starters!

Bingo!

Until an owner (Jerry), who cares more about the 'league' than his own franchise saw that the 'league' needed a minority Hispanic HC, he wasn't hired by anyone. Rivera seems like a decent guy and all, but far far from HC material. After he gets shown the door here, which may take awhile, he'll have success as a DC elsewhere again.

you have to figure that ron being an ex player had to factor into JR hiring him... but i think we can all agree that players dont always = good coaches, bottom line.

Listening to him after the game, I really don't know if he knows his team is 1-4.

Might explain how this team plays with no sense of urgency.

Really doesn't matter as long as JR retains Hurney as well as Rivera.

Clean house and...........

cowher_bill3.jpg