Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No sense of urgency in Rivera's voice...

66 posts in this topic

Posted

there was a reason he was interviewed 9 times and rejected 9 times....but this organization does the same thing wit players....we take practice squad players and make them starters!

Bingo!

Until an owner (Jerry), who cares more about the 'league' than his own franchise saw that the 'league' needed a minority Hispanic HC, he wasn't hired by anyone. Rivera seems like a decent guy and all, but far far from HC material. After he gets shown the door here, which may take awhile, he'll have success as a DC elsewhere again.

Posted

you have to figure that ron being an ex player had to factor into JR hiring him... but i think we can all agree that players dont always = good coaches, bottom line.

Posted

Listening to him after the game, I really don't know if he knows his team is 1-4.

Might explain how this team plays with no sense of urgency.

Really doesn't matter as long as JR retains Hurney as well as Rivera.

Clean house and...........

cowher_bill3.jpg

Posted

Rivera was hired because Hurney knew Rivera was weak and wouldn't try a power grab anytime soon. Our team sucks cause Hurney is more interested in protecting his position than getting a coach with some balls. If the coach gets too popular, he might insist on more authority of personnel decisions and that would leave Hurney on the outside looking in. I see this crap in business all the time.

Posted

Really doesn't matter as long as JR retains Hurney as well as Rivera.

Clean house and...........

cowher_bill3.jpg

He has been out of coaching too long...the game has past hime by already..

Posted

hes gotta go....soon.

Posted

Cowher is never returning to football... you all can give that up now.

Posted

Whenever I watch other games and see real coaches on the sidelines I am just baffled that this clown is leading our team. He is worse than all but a handful of coaches in the league. It's no coincidence that our only win came against Aaron Kromer and the saints. Other coaches who are as bad or worse than Rivera are:

Pat Shurmur

Romeo Crennel

Jason Garrett (on a bad day)

Aaron Kromer

Dennis Allen (maybe)

That's it. His wins last year came against Raheem Morris (twice - fired), jim Caldwell (fired), jack del rio (fired), Gary Kubiak after the texans packed it in and mike shanahan starting John beck at qb.

Rivera is not head coach material and it couldn't be more clear. I bet opposing coaches love seeing Carolina next on the schedule because they have to be extremely confident in their ability to outscheme the clueless Ron Rivera.

Posted

Hell, I'd rather have Del Rio as HC right now.

Posted

If Bruce Arians wasn't 60 years old he'd be a good HC. He actually managed the game situations and put the Colts in opportunties to win the game.

Posted

I will be waiting to see if he gets the axe this year cause 4 more wins would be astonishing for this team.

Posted

How long is Riveras contract, because thats how long he'll be head coach in Carolina? Id be stoked if JR fired Rivera and hired Gruden, Dungy, or Cowher....but its not going to happen. I hate to say it but Id rather have Fox back and that speaks volumes for me.

hire this guy:

jon-gruden-as-chucky.jpg