Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yup, It's the coaches

50 posts in this topic

Posted

This game has to be more on veteran players than the coaching. Coaching leaves a lot to be desired, don't get me wrong, but the players have to execute. You can't blame lack of execution totally on coaching (or lack thereof). This game was really about veteran players not doing their job by fumbling and dropping passes, and perhaps Cam's forcing of the ball to Smitty as opposed to checking down to Olsen and taking what the defense was giving him (IMHO). Moreover, people seem to be fogetting that we are still a very young team across the board whose FO, rightly or wrongly, has made the decision to go all in on rebuilding and developing from the ground up as opposed to sprinkling in some tried and and true free agents (except for Dwan Edwards who, in my mind, has been a great addition).

Like it or not, it's going to take some more time, but we are moving in the right direction. You just have to look through all the fog of youth on this team. We have been in every game except for one. A move here or there, and a little more execution at key times, and we could be 4-1 as opposed to 1-4. These are growing pains. If we look like poo after 2013, then start complaining, until then, just suck it up and observe the development.

Posted

Games have been won despite fumbles and interceptions....that's been happening for decades...Fumbles happen to the best of them. Heck, sometimes defense makes a great play...Typical example is the play-calls like the d-will option play...We've been trying it all game and it has not been working. So what does our OC do, call it one more time against the same package as well as the same personnel.... Cam pitched it to D-will knowing he had no chance and nowhere to go....The seahawks player went straight for the ball, because D-will needs some space to get going, the seahawks player was not gambling much by going after the ball...D-will was going nowhere

The issue is play-calling, the issue is discipline, the issue is adjustments/lack there of. I really thought Rivera would be the type of dude that would put his foot up these player's a$$es...What a let down

Don't get me wrong. I think the coaching has been severely lacking. BUT, the execution by this team has been just as bad if not worse.

Posted

I can't wait till the day I wake up to this turd Rivera being fired.

I can't wait until the day I way up and all the shitty bandwagon fans like yourself are all gone.....a guy can dream.

Posted

lack of execution = lack of coaching....

Not true at all.

Posted

This team has talent, but they are not executing.

Coaching has been lacking on this team, but that us only a small part of the problem.

After further review, the Panthers really don't.

Posted

After further review, the Panthers really don't.

Disagree.

I have no doubt that if an elite coach were to step in right now this team would be a contender next season.

1 person likes this

Posted

Disagree.

I have no doubt that if an elite coach were to step in right now this team would be a contender next season.

Perhaps I should have been more clear.

We have too much money invested in spots that are not producing. LB/RB

We lack solid depth in most all positions (other than 2 above) EG: TE, OL, DL, CB, S, DL,

We lack playmakers at the DT position.

We lack playmakers at the CB Position

We lack playmakers at the S Position

We lack.

Posted

I lost all faith in Rivera last night. Yeah, yeah, I know, the team failed to execute. It's true, Rivera didn't coach that 4th and 1 pass into the turf. But when they cut to Rivera after that knuckleball kicked up an impotent puff of grass, the expression on his face told me all I needed to know. If someone can get a screen grab of it, that would be great. In the mean time the best I can do is say it kind of looked like this:

tumblr_lqyplmjAmB1qdr6jw.gif

I know that look well. It's a look of utter confusion and defeat. It's the same look I get when my Madden QB randomly throws a pass way, way off the mark for a game-sealing interception. Rivera looked like a lost boy, totally overwhelmed by the situation. That's a look I never want to see from my HC, especially when your team has just locked down a 1-4 record.

Rivera doesn't have the mentality to be a HC.

Posted

The biggest indicator of poor coaching to me is the tackling. It takes being aggressive, disciplined, and toughness to be a good tackling team. Our team doesn't have these characteristics in any phase of the game. Defense is supposed to be Riveras specialty but we can't do something as fundamental as tackle?

Blown coverages and play calling are horrible as well. We need more talent but undisciplined players no matter how talented will not succeed for long in the NFL.

Posted

Too much pressure is put on Cam. He has a high level of responsibility for dang near every yard with this read option offense. Can we just have a play where we hand it off to our RBs from the I formation? Why did we bring in Tolbert, if we're just planning to pass/run Cam on key short yardage plays? I know players have to play the game, but you can't ask everyone to adjust to this new offense just because the QB is familiar with it - from COLLEGE? If they aren't confident that Cam can run a pro-style offense, then our problems are bigger than I thought. I for one am ready to see the kid run a big boys offense, that utilizes the skill set of his team mates as well.

Posted

Management and coaching is a mess this season from a million standpoints including communication, player development, 2-minute, playbook, playcalling, personel decisions, etc. etc. name anything...its all frustrating and we just seem lost identity and execution wise as a team.

7 out of 21 games since the new regime began. It ain't too pretty but I'm confident we can push on through this mud.

Posted

As long as I dont hear one of you idiots say "Stoic" again I agree with everything posted blindly!