Photo
- - - - -

Got jury duty tomorrow...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#13 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

I got summoned in 2008 and forgot about it. I had an exam or something that day and just simply forgot to call or go and remembered the next day.

Nothing ever happened. Never heard from them and never got a warning or resummoned later.

My guess is the case was probably thrown out.

#14 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

HUDDLER

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

video games? music? how does that happen while you're on the jury? BTW, idk if this is the interview for the jury or the actual trial. All I got was an automated machine telling me where to meet at 10 am tomorrow when I called. I think its the actual trial.

There is no way in hell u are going to be permitted into a jury without being screened before hand.

#15 KillerKat

KillerKat

GTFO Shula

HUDDLER

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

You shouldn't be on an actual trial yet. Basically what they do is bring alot of potential jurors in to a big room, and whenever a case does need jurors, they will call out random names who will then be selected to jury. Usually most cases get solved before this ever happens though. You could be waiting the entire day in the big room, or be the first case to get settled...either way, in there, make sure you have something to do. In the juror's room I was in, they had movies playing as well as computers set up...hope this clears it up a bit

That's exactly what happened except after the random names got taken into the back the judge told everyone else to call back after 5:30 tonight. There was going to be a trial today but the key witness had some illness and the doctor wouldn't let him/her come to court. Overall, big waste of time.

And then when I called after 5:30, the automated voice told me to call back after 2 tomorrow. I'm like wtf? Do they really think everyone can afford to miss time at their jobs? I'm glad my boss is giving me full day's pay on the days I'm out. Feel bad for the ones that don't. Should be a law that they should.

#16 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

HUDDLER

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:58 AM

Good ole Jury Duty. Been there, done that. Never got selected to Jury (or got close for that matter).