• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#16 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,681 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

I'm mixing up a delicious name brand drink for all of us to enjoy! Everyone, please come take a cup! Pay no attention to the off aftertaste...

Is that you Jim? I'll have two please.

#17 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

Lol if you think this is as bad as it gets. this is light years away from 2001

100% inaccurate

We are 9-26 over our last 37 games. I dare you to find a worse stretch in our history.

Those 9 wins were against:

The awful 49ers
The awful cardinals

The awful bucs (2x)
The awful colts
The awful jaguars
The awful redskins
The very good texans (hooray)

The coachless saints

#18 shelbypanther

shelbypanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

You've been to three NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl. It's not that hard to be a Carolina Panther fan. Quit whining about the 1-15 season.

at Green Bay and at Philthy.....where is the third?

3 playoff appearances in now 18 seasons because we sure as hell aren't going this season. That is a sorry ass-aching .167 percentage.

#19 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

^ Seattle

#20 fitty76

fitty76

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

Ahhh Seattle??? Yeah, you're a real fan.

#21 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,850 posts

100% inaccurate

We are 9-26 over our last 37 games. I dare you to find a worse stretch in our history.

The awful 49ers
The awful cardinals

The awful bucs (2x)
The awful colts
The awful jaguars
The awful redskins
The very good texans (hooray)

The coachless saints

I'm pretty sure you're the only one talking about 37 game stretches.

#22 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

All of my hope went out when Cam fumbled the ball in Atlanta last week. To be honest, I really didn't have much expectations this year. I knew we would poo the bed, I just knew it.

And guess what, we're going to suck next year too.

#23 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,844 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

i hope it is rock bottom

#24 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,681 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

100% inaccurate

The awful 49ers
The awful cardinals

The awful bucs (2x)
The awful colts
The awful jaguars
The awful redskins
The very good texans playing their third string QB(hooray)

The coachless saints

Awesome post, just wanted to add that.

I hadn't even looked up the actual record over this fruitless stretch, but I definitely feel it. As I said, it's the cumulative effect, and that record speaks to it.

at Green Bay and at Philthy.....where is the third?

3 playoff appearances in now 18 seasons because we sure as hell aren't going this season. That is a sorry ass-aching .167 percentage.

Seattle.

#25 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

I'm pretty sure you're the only one talking about 37 game stretches.

If we're just looking at it on a one year span than I agree with you. 2001 and 2010 were far worse

#26 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Lol if you think this is as bad as it gets. this is light years away from 2001

The 2001 team competed in most of the games and was loaded with young talent that was finding its way....young talent that eventually became a core of the 2003, and even 2005 team

#27 shelbypanther

shelbypanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Ahhh Seattle??? Yeah, you're a real fan.

Yep, too much brew today. Who could forget us going out there with no RB's to speak of after Goings got knocked silly?

So it is four big playoff appearances in 18 seasons....still a steaming pile of excrement no matter how you spin it.

#28 fitty76

fitty76

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

Yep, too much brew today. Who could forget us going out there with no RB's to speak of after Goings got knocked silly?

So it is four big playoff appearances in 18 seasons....still a steaming pile of excrement no matter how you spin it.

Would you rather be a Jaguar fan?

#29 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

If you had high expectations for this year I have bad news for you: Santa is not real

These type of sarcastic posts won't work this year...

#30 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

I was born to be a Panthers fan despite them not even being a valid thought until 10 years later. No offense to out-of-state fans, but this is my state. This is my team. I take pride in them. I feel they are an extension of myself. They represent me abroad whether they know it or not.

I've been through it all. 1-15. 2-14. 7-9s. 8-8s. All of it. Every year. I've watched every game. I set up my whole week around watching us play each Sunday. I've lost jobs due to them not giving me Sunday's off or not allowing me to come in later so I could see our games.

And through it all, I've never been this disappointed in our team. I've never been more let down. When we went 1-15 or 2-14, we all had an idea we were going to be bad those years. At the very least, we didn't expect the playoffs or Superbowl.

This year, we did. And we had a right to. We finally, after 16 years acquired a franchise QB. We finished with 6 wins last year. We loaded up with talent at certain spots such as WR, that were long neglected. We even made trades. We signed some stop-gap guys, that at the very least, should've been good "plug and play" players to get us to our destination.

We had multiple team leaders come out and say "We're winning the Superbowl." We made it through training camp virtually unscathed.

And now this.

Week after horrible, lackluster, mundane, mediocre week. We don't beat teams we SHOULD beat, and we lose to teams that we shouldn't. We find new ways to lose each week. Our coach(es) is out to lunch while on the job. Our owner is Mr. Status Quo. An old-fashioned, dated, control freak.

And here we are again... Scrapping and scraping to figure out if we could still somehow make the playoffs if we get it together... Just like we do every year at this point (minus four)... But, we won't get it together. It's not being pessimistic, it's being factual. We never do and we never have - except for those four winning seasons.

We had high expectations. Possibly higher than ever going into a season. But, the problem is, we have a losing culture established that is in direct conflict with those or any other expectations we set as fans.

This is rock bottom. The ways we are finding to lose combined with the style in which we go about finding those ways is horrendous. Coming out unprepared each and every week with players and coaches now looking like they just come in to punch the clock and get paid. We obviously, know "everyone wants to win," but some don't know how, and they don't have the drive to figure out how.

Deflating. Depressing. Disappointing. Unacceptable. I am, always have been, and always will be a Panthers fan. I runs in my blood. I couldn't shake it if I tried, and I won't... But, I have never felt this low as a Panthers fan. I don't know where we go from here. So many questions, and no answers.

That is all. /rant

Don't get down. It's just a game. Imagine how Bills fans feel after losing four straight superbowls, and not making the playoffs in years. They just got through paying their QB a big contract, and gave Williams a hundred million dollar contract, and they look worse than they did last year. For me personally, even though my Panthers stink, my Gamecocks look to be ready for a run national title run in college! So I'm good there at least.

So get out and look at the things that really matter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.