Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

unicar15

Why firing Hurney has to happen in 2012

30 posts in this topic

The Panthers have a 5th year option of Cam Newton's contract. We will most assuredley trigger that option.

Per ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Panthers have agreed on a four-year, $22 million contract with Cam Newton. The deal, which is fully guaranteed, also includes a fifth-year, non-guaranteed option worth $14 million.

I love the Panthers but if Hurney is not gone after this year I am probably moving on. I spent so much of my money, health, and time on this team it's not even funny and if owner does not care about winning, why should I? I will support a team with an owners that gives a poo about fans.

The fact Hurney doesn't have a contract is telling enough.

The fact Hurney doesn't have a contract is telling enough.

The fact that he still has a job right now is too.

Can i haz your panther jerseys

don't own any jerseys. never will no matter what. its almost like asking for an autograph. kinda lame imo.

Its clear his plan has failed and his talent for picking coaches is hit or miss.

I put my huddle acct on the table that Hurney will be gone after this year. Rivera? Dno.

It will happen the sec the season is over.

Hurney has pretty much made this organization a team that could easily be one in a discussion of moving to LA if it's owner weren't so ingrained in the Carolinas. It is truly the laughing stock of the NFL. This is what our GM has done for us.

But I will be surprised, as most of you, if JR cans Hurney. Maybe he thinks Hurney is going to somehow take the Panthers back to the Superbowl... JR is dreaming if that is the case.

Or maybe he is being overly loyal to Hurney because Hurney was around when we went to the first SB and lost the the Patriots. I hope this isn't the case either or we will never be a consistanly winning organization as long as JR owns the team, IMO.

I'm disgusted with some, I mean alot, of draft choices, trades, players passed up, etc., that Hurney has made. We have talent on this team and with all the mediocre and downright horrible season we've had over the last several season, we should be a Superbowl contender by now.

I put my huddle acct on the table that Hurney will be gone after this year. Rivera? Dno.

It will happen the sec the season is over.

Well at least I want have to hear your poo for a while

Well at least I want have to hear your poo for a while

You still will bc he'll be gone. And if he doesnt, I won't have to hear your $hit too

Not betting on it happening.

My alternative has been to see him promoted to a figurehead position (Vice President in Charge of Whatever) and the GM spot given to a true 'football guy' whether it be rising star or retread.

Not really betting on that either, though, if I'm being honest :(

I've defended this man plenty. I think the needle has moved now, Hurney has to go. The more and more I see the bad he's done the more and more I get frustrated and angry. Not even the hits he's had cushion the blow. I'm starting to think he actually didn't know if the player he drafted that was a hit was actually going to be a hit. It's like he's pinning the tail on the donkey..with the draft and FA pick ups.