#1 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,204 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:03 AM

Because the obvious play would be using the biggest, most athletic QB in the league to run a very simple QB sneak.

From inside the 1 to the goal line or needing 2 feet for a first down, this would be the easiest play in the world for this team.

But if your QB doesn't take snaps from under center, how do you run a sneak? The answer is quite simple- you don't. You run a bootleg stretch play and throw the ball into the turf or you try a read option hand off from 6 yards behind the line of scrimmage and hope the RB can get a few. Bound for failure.

News Flash: Cam Newton has not taken a snap from under center yet this season. This effectively eliminates the I-formation, negating the success of DeAngelo and Jonathon and removes play-action. How you run a successful offense in the NFL without these 3 key elements is beyond me.

#2 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:17 AM

They were in the I just a few plays before that when deangelo got stuffed for about a 3 yard loss on 2nd and goal. Still they ran the sneak out of the I last year and did it successfully. Chud has just gone full on retard with the playcalling this season.

#3 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:18 AM

Because the obvious play would be using the biggest, most athletic QB in the league to run a very simple QB sneak.

From inside the 1 to the goal line or needing 2 feet for a first down, this would be the easiest play in the world for this team.

But if your QB doesn't take snaps from under center, how do you run a sneak? The answer is quite simple- you don't. You run a bootleg stretch play and throw the ball into the turf or you try a read option hand off from 6 yards behind the line of scrimmage and hope the RB can get a few. Bound for failure.

News Flash: Cam Newton has not taken a snap from under center yet this season. This effectively eliminates the I-formation, negating the success of DeAngelo and Jonathon and removes play-action. How you run a successful offense in the NFL without these 3 key elements is beyond me.

Cam has taken snaps under center....he did it yesterday. The play before 4th and 1 was under center

#4 Thorrez

Thorrez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:18 AM

With a rookie and a back-ups back-up at the guard spots and us getting killed in the middle all game (that includes you Kalil!), how exactly do you expect them to all of a sudden get enough push for Cam to sneak/dive in for a TD?

#5 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,728 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:22 AM

Need to get the human bowling ball more involved.

#6 CarolinaNut

CarolinaNut

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:25 AM

your QB is 6'5 250lbs...the only reason it seems impossible is b/c chud doesn't have the brains to just sneak the damn ball

#7 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:41 AM

With a rookie and a back-ups back-up at the guard spots and us getting killed in the middle all game (that includes you Kalil!), how exactly do you expect them to all of a sudden get enough push for Cam to sneak/dive in for a TD?

Well you also can't let the giant leapfrog the pile.....

Brees did it against us....Cam doesn't it much easier. You don't have to go through....over works probably better.

#8 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:45 AM

This team is feeling the pressure big time. I still love these guys and this team, but they should have shut up in the offseason. Kalil guaranteed a Super Bowl win, while others were on twitter talking about how good we were going to be. I understand this team needs the confidence, but that comes with winning and right now, we just need to shut up and play like we did at the end of last season.

Two 4th down and 1's have killed our season so far. Its not over yet b/c once this team gets going, its going to be really tough to stop us --- but do we ever get going is the question.

#9 Thorrez

Thorrez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:07 AM

Well you also can't let the giant leapfrog the pile.....

Brees did it against us....Cam doesn't it much easier. You don't have to go through....over works probably better.

Over works on inches (snap and reach) if you can trust your center to hold the ground. It was not inches and Kalil was getting killed every time they bullrushed.

And if you mean let them block and jump over my point above is still valid. Not much is gained by jumping over the pile and land at the original los...

#10 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

Every team in the league knows we want to run the ball safely in the redzone. Every team that we've faced is always challenging us to pass the ball when we get down there. They're ready to stop the run first because that's all we run. It's really no wonder why Cam isn't ready to make that pass. The pass play was a good call on 3rd down, but I would have liked to have seen it on second down. I did not like the pass play on 4th down. If you want the entire game to rest upon Cam passing the ball in the redzone at least make sure he has experiencing doing that first. Chud needs to let Cam grow up. Forcing him to do nothing but runs when we get into the redzone is not helping him.

#11 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:15 AM

Dude did you even watch the game or any games this year for that matter? The 4th & 1 play was actually ran from under center. SMH

#12 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,757 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:23 AM

terrible thread just terrible

#13 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:13 AM

Over works on inches (snap and reach) if you can trust your center to hold the ground. It was not inches and Kalil was getting killed every time they bullrushed.

And if you mean let them block and jump over my point above is still valid. Not much is gained by jumping over the pile and land at the original los...

Have you seen Cam jump and pile for no yardage? I haven't

#14 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

Have you seen Cam jump and pile for no yardage? I haven't

Exactly... Didn't this same QB set the record for rushing TDs by a QB doing mostly that last year? I just don't think you're gonna stop 6'6" 250 from gaining 2 ft. Hell his arms are twice that long ;)

#15 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,596 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

Article about this in the observer today...

http://www.charlotte...l#storylink=rss

But Rivera noted that both of Seattle’s defensive tackles outweighed center Ryan Kalil – who was playing with a sprained foot – and that a push up front would have been tough.

At least with this, it shows that the coaches had their reasons... I've been very critical of them about that play call, but it wasn't just done out of the blue...

I still think I would have preferred putting it on either Cam to run it in or JStew. I think that was a better option with Seattle's large CBs even with their stout D line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.