Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm officially in the "Look to the future" mode....

65 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Even the tarheels will suck this year in BBall. All my teams suck this year!

If you're talking about relative to last season, sure. The cycle begins again, so of course we're not going to be a national title contender. But I don't think we'll have a repeat of 2009-2010... I see 25 wins and a Sweet 16 appearance.

Posted · Report post

If you're talking about relative to last season, sure. The cycle begins again, so of course we're not going to be a national title contender. But I don't think we'll have a repeat of 2009-2010... I see 25 wins and a Sweet 16 appearance.

I agree 20-25 wins, sweet 16...ive been spoiled with unc, i consider that a so so season

Posted · Report post

My goodness it's gotten so bad there are "Start Derek Anderson" posts...

wouldn't pay too much to that. it's coming from a bad poster.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Gotta love PSLs. No way for fans to show disapproval. If Marty Hurney and Rivera are still here next year I will have no investment in this team because it will be the same old joke told way too many times. Neither at this point have proven any reason they should be around next year.

Posted · Report post

I think JR will pull the trigger on this regime unless by some miracle we show some drastic improvement.This is clearly a bad hire at coach and should be obvious to him.I liked it when we hired him but teams just cant regress like the Panthers have.I would hope that Hurney is the first one to go.

Posted · Report post

As long as Hurney and Rivera (along with his staff) remain, I have zero optimism for significant long term improvement. And until Richardson dies, I have zero optimism we will replace them with competent people if we even can them in the first place. We might get the occasional hot streak and win a few games with them, but we will never be legitimate contenders.

Posted · Report post

DA wouldnt fair much better. He would still have to do a fake read option fake for a pass play, that automatically takes 2-3 seconds which puts you behind the 8 ball. You only have 1-3 seconds before nfl lineman are on you.

Posted · Report post

As long as Hurney and Rivera (along with his staff) remain, I have zero optimism for significant long term improvement. And until Richardson dies, I have zero optimism we will replace them with competent people if we even can them in the first place. We might get the occasional hot streak and win a few games with them, but we will never be legitimate contenders.

I don't want to agree but I have to. This team has a lot of flaws when you are looking at personnel, Hurney has made some bad decision and they are all starting to show. If the Panthers don't get at least 6 wins this year I think Hurney will be shown the door. If this happen then it would put Rivera in a tough situation and new GM could bring in his own guy so their is a good chance if Marty is gone Rivera could follow. We have to get this things right as a team because just being honest I don't see any improvement from last year. You at least wont to see some improvement but I have spotted none. Its depressing if you a Panthers fan because we all want to win games and see our team succeed it's unfortunately we have to go through this.

Posted · Report post

Add a DT and FS by the draft to this Defense next year and we're going to be better than a lot of people think.

1st: Star/Hankins/Jenkins/Short

2nd: Lester/Jefferson/Vaccaro/Swearinger

Posted · Report post

I honestly don't know why so many people blame Hurney for this mess. We have the talent to win. The big problem is the coaching staff, IMO. Do we have holes? Sure. But we also have a damn solid young core of players put together by Hurney.

If he is fired, I don't want to hear everyone bitching the first time the new GM misses on a 1st round draft pick...

Posted · Report post

I would be willing to give Coach Rivera more time if things were different but this is not a winning stile of football. Last year he gets a pass for the lockout but this year it is all on the coaches and Hurney. I don’t dislike Hurney like some on here but I believe it is time for a new direction and you can’t do that without cleaning house. Let’s hope that JR sees the light and brings in a staff that instills pride back into the Panther nation.

Posted · Report post

Et tu, Brute?

Can't believe i remember the assassination of Julius Caesar reference. Hey, I'm not completely dumb.

1 person likes this