Photo
- - - - -

I'm officially in the "Look to the future" mode....

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#46 ShutDwn

ShutDwn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

Looking at the schedule as of today I don't see them finishing above 5-11 if they keep this up.

Hurney and Rivera should be gone if that is the case, but I'm not sure they will.

I love the defensive rookies right now. Norman is beaten sometimes but I don't think QBs are going to be throwing at him much longer. Once he learns how to defend receivers as well as the sneaky throws NFL QBs make he'll be fine. I'm really excited for Frank Alexander and Charles Johnson on the edge.

I really hope I can say that Hurney's last draft was a very good one. If they can add a talented FS and a DT this defense could be top 15 by next year.

#47 1989

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

You guys need to shut up. We're inches away from being 3-2. I still have faith in this season.

#48 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,376 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

This is a thread to marvel

Wasnt it a short 5 weeks ago that the Zod character was predicting us to go 12- 4 ?

13-3

#49 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,060 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

You guys need to shut up. We're inches away from being 3-2. I still have faith in this season.

moral victories count? no wai

#50 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,736 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

i was in "looking towards the future mode" back in 2010

#51 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,832 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

I can't believe you didn't mention Nortman, Zod. The guy has been as consistent if not more than Alexander. I know he's a punter but that position is very important too.

#52 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

I gotta tell you guys unless Rivera starts to realize the error in his ways(which his press conferences lends me to believe he does not) then we are fuged no matter who the GM is. I could care less if we fire Hurney now because he hired Rivera. I just want a brand new coaching staff and if that means a new GM too then so be it.

#53 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,809 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

Rivera is one of the lowest paid coaches in the NFL and it shows.

#54 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

This is a thread to marvel

13-3

Zod must be off his meds

#55 Third Degree

Third Degree

Bucket of Boat Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 4,823 posts
  • Location704

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

I'll bet in 2004 there were people on this board clamoring for Fox to be gone a year after we went to the Super Bowl. But he wasn't fired. And look what he did for us after that.

*looks at post-2004 record
*shakes head

OK, never mind. Yeah, Rivera's seat's a little warm.

#56 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

Wasnt it a short 5 weeks ago that the Zod character was predicting us to go 12- 4 ?

13-3*

#57 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

We need to start DA! Yes you read that right and here is why. DA is not a running QB, so with DA we would be forced to ditch that craptastic option play and get back to a more conventional offense which = more wins.

Rivera is done after this season. Who are some hot coaching candidates? Jay Gruden? Rob Ryan?

My goodness it's gotten so bad there are "Start Derek Anderson" posts...

wouldn't pay too much to that. it's coming from a bad poster.

Rayzor, you are being too kind. Not only does PT say we should start Derek Anderson, he also thinks we should hire Herm Edwards. That's right, Herm. Fugging. Edwards.

I've seen PT's work here and on other sites. The sooner he's gone, the better off we'll be.

#58 Davis83

Davis83

Rebelling since 1753

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

I have yet to see him "coach" a player after something happens. He just stands there as they walk by - I have no faith in a HC that does not get involved at all during a game. Its like he expects all the other coordiantors to handle everything so he can just "stare".

he talked a good talk when hired, he siad all the right things last year. Now its all just so bland. Evaluate, correct, learn? When will he ever actually do any of these things?

#59 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

Rayzor, you are being too kind. Not only does PT say we should start Derek Anderson, he also thinks we should hire Herm Edwards. That's right, Herm. Fugging. Edwards.

I've seen PT's work here and on other sites. The sooner he's gone, the better off we'll be.

Cry me a river, seriously. Man thats what I hated about an inferior site. This isnt communist China. I have every single right to say we should give DA a look since Cam is playing poorly. Oh no!! We cant bench the almighty Cam the messiah. Cam should be treated like Haruki or any other play that underperforms. Infact I would argue that those that say we shouldnt start another QB arent real fans. Are you a Cam fan or a Panthers fan? If DA would lead us to wins and make us better, then absloutely I say start DA. I hate it when football fans are treated like they blasphemed the bible just because they mention benching a star player

#60 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

Cry me a river, seriously. Man thats what I hated about an inferior site. This isnt communist China. I have every single right to say we should give DA a look since Cam is playing poorly. Oh no!! We cant bench the almighty Cam the messiah. Cam should be treated like Haruki or any other play that underperforms. Infact I would argue that those that say we shouldnt start another QB arent real fans. Are you a Cam fan or a Panthers fan? If DA would lead us to wins and make us better, then absloutely I say start DA. I hate it when football fans are treated like they blasphemed the bible just because they mention benching a star player

You can say whatever you want, but when it appears consistently moronic, expect to get called out on it. Saying we should bench Cam for DA, saying Herm Edwards is a good coaching candidate, saying the Green kid (the WR on our PS) had hall of fame talent, these are things that are going to cause ridicule.

And you bounce all over the place. The Panthers looked good in preseason, well, we're going to the super bowl. They look bad, we should bench Cam. If you want to be taken seriously, stop having such a knee jerk reaction to every little thing that happens.

But that's just my opinion. Do what you want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com