Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

College offense is going to kill Cam's career....

64 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Yeah spread isn't bright in the nfl. You nailed it sooner or later cam will get hurt.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='teeray' timestamp='1349698234' post='1939754']
These threads only pop up and only have credibility after a bad game like yesterday. Start this thread topic after we roll up 28 or 35 points. This gimmick offense didn't go 5-20 through 3 quarters yesterday the player did.
[/quote]

We score like that on crap to mediocre defenses, we play a legit one and we get what you saw.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I want to know what happened at the point this past offseason when we decided to throw away one of the best, if not the best, base offenses in franchise history in favor of a college based system. What made Chud decide to do that? Why didn't anyone tell him "you know Chud, that might be a bad idea. There's a reason why it's a COLLEGE based system."?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='teeray' timestamp='1349698234' post='1939754']
These threads only pop up and only have credibility after a bad game like yesterday. Start this thread topic after we roll up 28 or 35 points. This gimmick offense didn't go 5-20 through 3 quarters yesterday the player did.
[/quote]

What the f**k have you been watching this year?
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I think they limited the reads option stuff week one and cam struggled. To be fair to the coaches.

Should we take it away from him and watch him struggle for a year or two until he becomes a more polished passer? How long will it be acceptable before we hear cries to start clausen?

Posted · Report post

The gameplan in my mind yesterday was pretty simple. Line Cam up under center, and turn around and hand the ball off to Stewart, Tolbert, and Williams. Run right at thier pass rush and wear them down. Initiate the push on the line with our offensive line and have the seahawks on thier heels. Once the run has been established, use bootlegs to get Cam to the edge and utilize Olsen over the middle.

I can't for the life of me understand Chud's gameplan. It litteraly played right into Seattle's strengths. One target deep routes against a physical, big defense who has a great pass rush. Utterly stupid.

But, to be fair to Chud, Cam was pathetic. I can't recall but two passes he threw all day that were good throws (over the middle down the seam to Olsen and the deep in to Lafell near the goal line).

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jase' timestamp='1349698877' post='1939765']
I think they limited the reads option stuff week one and cam struggled. To be fair to the coaches.

Should we take it away from him and watch him struggle for a year or two until he becomes a more polished passer? How long will it be acceptable before we hear cries to start clausen?
[/quote]

Watching him struggle in the college system is better?

Posted · Report post

How long is Cams contract?

Posted · Report post

How long is Cams contract?

Posted · Report post

To me just as big of a problem is too many deep routes and Cam not taking what's underneath. The middle is there.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I think most fans are in agreement on this. Not only does the option offense not work this year, we are getting less production from our 50 billion dollar backfield as a result.

And yes, Cam will eventually get hurt. I don't care how big he is, these defenders in the NFL will put him out of commission at some point. The question isn't if, but when.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Delhommey' timestamp='1349738663' post='1939792']
To me just as big of a problem is too many deep routes and Cam not taking what's underneath. The middle is there.
[/quote]
That's true. It did seem like the underneath stuff was there, but Cam just wasn't seeing it. But still, I'd rather we get away from having Cam run so much.