Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

College offense is going to kill Cam's career....

64 posts in this topic

Posted

Me thinks Cam is seriously pissed at the garbage Chud has him running as opposed to last year.

As Zod alluded Cam needs to play in a real Pro offense. Otherwise after Cam's 4 year contract is up we'll be hoping the Pickle is ready to start. Cam will be playing somewhere else. And no Hurney has no clue how to deal with a player who doesn't want to play for the Panthers and is Franchise tagged. See Julius Peppers and 2 lost years.

The greatest rookie performance ever last year was no fluke. Hey Chud, just pull the game tape from last year and call the same 30 plays you called to start any game you choose and see what happens.

Posted

It still go back to the preseason like I said. I don't give a damn about it being in the pre-season, we didn't run this crap and looked way better than what we do now

So we can run it

Posted

I honestly don't know if it's simply the plays called, or Shockey's absence, or a sophomore slump for Cam, or any one of the other theories being thrown out.

The only thing I know for sure is other than Olsen and Bell, all our other offensive players are performing worse this year than last. That tells me the players are not comfortable with what they are doing now. They've lost all confidence. When it happens to almost all of the starting players, it tells me we have a serious coaching problem.

1 person likes this

Posted

its so much, all the years i coached sports i would tell kids its hard to when you are expected too. it just is. but if you can get over that hump then you amost get a runners high in terms of just getting into your groove and make the other team adjust to you.

right now the Panthers are not setting the tempo or dictating anything on either side of the ball.

1 person likes this

Posted

The college offense is not killing Cam. Rivera is killing Cam.

Posted

The most likely place that Cam can get hurt is sitting in the pocket. He has great awareness in the open field. The place he is vulnerable, because he is good at keeping his concentration downfield and ignoring the rush, is being blind-sided on a sack.

fallacy.

Posted

The college offense is not killing Cam. Rivera is killing Cam.

How so, exactly?

Posted

This is not Coryell. What we ran last year was Coryell with some tweaks to suit Newton's abilities.

This year's offense is different, almost exclusively a college style zone read, and it's just not working.

1 person likes this

Posted

If this team comes out of the Bye looking unprepared we should riot.

I'm already pretty convinced Rivera isn't the long term option, but his resume' forces a small part of me to cut some *SOME* slack. But if this teams looks flat and unprepared vs Dallas in two weeks, I want him gone. End of story.

Posted

This is not Coryell. What we ran last year was Coryell with some tweaks to suit Newton's abilities.

This year's offense is different, almost exclusively a college style zone read, and it's just not working.

Hilarious part is that it's limited us as an offense rather than given us the diversity I'm assuming we are seeking out of it.

For the love of God let the kid grow.

Posted

Barring injury, I don't think it's going to "ruin" him, but it certainly isn't helping in developing and progressing as a pro.

I'm not worried about it honestly. Cam has the tools, the talent, and the makeup to be the best QB in the league, so imo, if Chud wants to be a part of that, it's up to him... Either make adjustments and be a part of it, or keep doing what you're doing so we can fire you and bring in an OC who will be a part of Cam's development and progress.

People can say what they want, but if you're putting these subpar performances on Cam you either aren't watching the games or don't really grasp what's going on during them. Cam is showing signs that he HAS progressed in year two - his completion rate, YPA, several times where he's avoided making a horrible throw, etc. The problem is the playcalling.

But, as I said... No sweat... Either Chud gets his crap together the rest of this season, or he can be fired at the end of it... And on to the next one. Cam's gonna rise no matter what, but I don't want to get into a musical chair situation with our coaching staff either. Hopefully, the next staff will believe in making adjustments and evolving as seasons go on. I have lost all faith in Chud as our OC. He's exhibiting the exact reason why he never made it to be a HC and why he lost his job in Cleveland.

Posted

I'm going to be completely honest, Cam is probably the best running QB I've ever seen at this level. Yet if this is the way we will be running our offense for the rest of his career, using his running ability as a main weapon, I say we trade him right now. I don't care how good he is running the ball, if you can't disect a defense with your arm, you will not win big in this league. We got some really talented running backs in on this team, yet they are getting 5 carries a game because we are using Cam as our main back essentially.

Again, I love his running ability, but the guy is a QB. Your running ability shouldn't be what defines you. If you want to run, be a running back. You are a QB, and I expect you to be able to disect with your arm. Your main weapon should be your arm. You should be known by your arm. We might as well have The Golden Calf of Bristol running our offense as things stand right now.

So if this is the expectation of Cam's career, having his running ability as a main weapon (effectively taking away carries from our running backs, guys that fight for extra yardage), let's trade Cam now and pick up some first round picks.

2 people like this