Photo
- - - - -

College offense is going to kill Cam's career....

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#16 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,614 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:20 AM

These threads only pop up and only have credibility after a bad game like yesterday. Start this thread topic after we roll up 28 or 35 points. This gimmick offense didn't go 5-20 through 3 quarters yesterday the player did.

What the f**k have you been watching this year?

#17 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,988 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:21 AM

I think they limited the reads option stuff week one and cam struggled. To be fair to the coaches.

Should we take it away from him and watch him struggle for a year or two until he becomes a more polished passer? How long will it be acceptable before we hear cries to start clausen?

#18 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:25 AM

The gameplan in my mind yesterday was pretty simple. Line Cam up under center, and turn around and hand the ball off to Stewart, Tolbert, and Williams. Run right at thier pass rush and wear them down. Initiate the push on the line with our offensive line and have the seahawks on thier heels. Once the run has been established, use bootlegs to get Cam to the edge and utilize Olsen over the middle.

I can't for the life of me understand Chud's gameplan. It litteraly played right into Seattle's strengths. One target deep routes against a physical, big defense who has a great pass rush. Utterly stupid.

But, to be fair to Chud, Cam was pathetic. I can't recall but two passes he threw all day that were good throws (over the middle down the seam to Olsen and the deep in to Lafell near the goal line).

#19 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:26 AM

I think they limited the reads option stuff week one and cam struggled. To be fair to the coaches.

Should we take it away from him and watch him struggle for a year or two until he becomes a more polished passer? How long will it be acceptable before we hear cries to start clausen?

Watching him struggle in the college system is better?

#20 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,538 posts

How long is Cams contract?

#21 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,538 posts

How long is Cams contract?

#22 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,553 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

To me just as big of a problem is too many deep routes and Cam not taking what's underneath. The middle is there.

#23 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

I think most fans are in agreement on this. Not only does the option offense not work this year, we are getting less production from our 50 billion dollar backfield as a result.

And yes, Cam will eventually get hurt. I don't care how big he is, these defenders in the NFL will put him out of commission at some point. The question isn't if, but when.

#24 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

To me just as big of a problem is too many deep routes and Cam not taking what's underneath. The middle is there.

That's true. It did seem like the underneath stuff was there, but Cam just wasn't seeing it. But still, I'd rather we get away from having Cam run so much.

#25 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

The most likely place that Cam can get hurt is sitting in the pocket. He has great awareness in the open field. The place he is vulnerable, because he is good at keeping his concentration downfield and ignoring the rush, is being blind-sided on a sack.

That doesn't mean that we should continue to do more (or even as much) Cam running. It should just remain part of the package.

#26 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

True, but this is essentially the Air Coryell offense.

But your point is valid... if Olsen or any WR or RB crossing is open in the middle, damned well take it. Those routes are being run for a reason.

#27 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,672 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

Pretty much. Tape is out and has been rewound millions of time on Cam and Chud's offense. It will not work. It either needs to evolve and keep people guessing, or do what everyone else does and win the old fashioned way.

#28 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

Damn, you know its bad when Zod is complaining. We have literally hit rock bottom.

#29 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

I think the offense needs to evolve. However I don't think that is the reason we aren't scoring well. Cam played horribly for 3 quarters. Steve Smith dropped some real momentum killing balls. Olsen wore a cloaking field for 3 quarters or he drunk the last of the Cammy Cam juice. We refuse to go to a heavy set and just run the ball on people like last year.

#30 cgarsmoker

cgarsmoker

Kenny Fugging Powers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationViera, Florida

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

It seems like we ran the option mostly in the red zone last year......people weren't prepared and it worked well. Now that it's our bread and butter running play - it's not nearly as effective. Designed runs for Cam should be inside the redone only. If a pass play breaks down and he scrambles, I'm fine with that but we should definitely limit the punishment on Cam. We have a couple of 20 million dollar RBs for that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com