#91 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

Im sure you've been buying Panther gear for years now.

ZING!

Yeah Panthers gear for sure. But not Cam newton clothing line... big difference.

#92 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,882 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

you people are funny. Lets back out of a business deal you made 6 months ago because you had a bad game.

Lets say you have a day job that you are working on a project, mind you its a big one and deserves all your attention but here comes saturday your day off. What if you are about to sell a house..do you back out of it because you had a bad day at work?

#93 ClawOn

ClawOn

Bringer of Dong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

you can't prove that cam "isn't devoting 100% of his energy to winning" any more than you can prove aaron rodgers isn't because he's hocking pizza and insurance

I'm not trying to "prove" anything. I'll bet you Rodgers' residual checks that his commercials are filmed in the offseason. Kind of irrelevant anyway - Rodgers, Brady and the Mannings have earned more latitude. I imagine you can figure out why but the word "championship" is in the answer.

#94 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,882 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

Hey guys since Cam Newton hasnt won a superbowl he should stay locked in a basement and look at film all day everyday.

/huddle logic

#95 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,461 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

I'm not trying to "prove" anything. I'll bet you Rodgers' residual checks that his commercials are filmed in the offseason. Kind of irrelevant anyway - Rodgers, Brady and the Mannings have earned more latitude. I imagine you can figure out why but the word "championship" is in the answer.

the only way this argument could possibly mean anything would be if we were operating under the assumption that a particular launch date for a clothing line coming and going means that cam was losing time in film study or meetings. that's crazy for the same reason you pointed out in your second sentence and it's actually part of the point i was getting at.

of course those other guys filmed the commercials in the offseason. let me ask you this though: do you think they were involved in script writing? did they bang out contract details themselves? arrange their own travel?

probably not, right? their agents and various advisors probably took care of that and they just signed off on it, right? because that's probably all that happened in cam's case.

#96 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,251 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

Most passing yards for a rookie in his first game.
Most passing yards for a rookie in his first two games.
Most passing yards for a rookie.
Most TDs by a QB.

Strike one.

Gives every TD ball to a fan including one destined for Canton.
Spends much time talking to and mentoring kids. (even before he went pro.)
Has yet to throw a teammate under the bus.

Strike two.

Last year, people like you said Cam would fail out of the gate. See above lists.

Strike thr... Aw fug it you're an idiot.

Stats are for losers. The only stat I care about in winniing %. And, Cam's sucks right now.

We have had many games over the past season and a half where the offense had the ball and needed either one score to win the game or a few 1st downs to ice the game. However, we have choked in almost every one of those situations.

Right now, Cam is NOT a clutch performer.

I am also getting sick of this college offense crap. It is because of one of two things.....either Chud is trying to get too cute and out think himself, or Cam really is not able to run a pro style offense.

In the read option, the only read that Cam has to make is the DE. If he crashes in, Cam keeps the ball....if he does not, Cam hands the ball off.

I see little to no audibles, calls at the LOS, etc. Cam is lining up in the shotgun and clapping his hands for the ball to be hiked. It is concerning.

#97 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

Stats are for losers. The only stat I care about in winniing %. And, Cam's sucks right now.

So you're a loser.

#98 ClawOn

ClawOn

Bringer of Dong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

the only way this argument could possibly mean anything would be if we were operating under the assumption that a particular launch date for a clothing line coming and going means that cam was losing time in film study or meetings. that's crazy for the same reason you pointed out in your second sentence and it's actually part of the point i was getting at.

of course those other guys filmed the commercials in the offseason. let me ask you this though: do you think they were involved in script writing? did they bang out contract details themselves? arrange their own travel?

probably not, right? their agents and various advisors probably took care of that and they just signed off on it, right? because that's probably all that happened in cam's case.

I guess if you believe that his only in-season involvement was his agent telling him where to be then you would be correct. I think if you asked anyone in the sports or entertainment industry if that is possible they would tell you no.

Agents screen endorsement deals and then athletes are closely involved with the nature of the endorsement and how it will reflect their brand. You don't get to have a reach like Peyton Manning by having "agents and other advisors" tell them what to do and follow orders. So the answers to your questions are yes, they approve the script after its screened, yes they are involved in approving the contract and yes they are involved with their assistant and agent confirming their travel plans.

Hindsight will tell us who is correct, but Tom Brady refuses to be involved in anything but football during the season; Tony Romo is photographed at beaches with starlets. Look, they can do whatever they want, but the hardcore detail guys are the ones that win championships.

#99 CarolinaPride5

CarolinaPride5

Legendary.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

When can I buy this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.