Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beason wants to stay in the middle

85 posts in this topic

Posted

luke was outstanding on sunday and it'd be a terrible mistake to stick beason back in the middle just because.

for all the knocks on this coaching staff they are not the least bit scared to bench or move guys when they don't perform. it seems to not matter at all if they're "entrenched starters".

also fyi beason was actually drafted to play WLB. he took over in the middle because morgan couldn't stay healthy.

Posted

Why?

He sucks right now.....Luke doesn't. Could of used Luke in some of those early games when Beason was whiffing and dropping picks

Because

Posted

funny thing is everyone thought TD was going to be the odd man out due to injury...hahahaha

1 person likes this

Posted

Norman is ballin out and learning every week, Naka is awful

Fixed

1 person likes this

Posted

I was afraid drafting Luke would cause a rift. Two outstanding MLB's who do not make the same type of impact on the outside as they do in the middle. Can't blame Beas for not being his old self yet. It took Demeco Ryans (i think) a whole season before he started to regain his pro bowl caliber play.

Posted

Football is like life. Adapt or die. Unless he has some kind of ridiculous regression, Luke is the future of this D# at MLB. Beason will either adapt or find a new home. I hope it's the former.

Posted

Wow everyone has forgot a about beason.

Wow everyone has forgot a about beason.

Have you forgotten that the guy playing in 2012.....isn't the Beason we know? Him resting isn't going to magically get him back. Could take a full year.....could never happen

Posted

Beason has missed a few tackles and assignments (it appears) but I don't think that this is a reason to move him for the remainder of the season. If he returns 100% healthy, he goes back in the middle. We need our best LB'ers on the field.

Posted

Beason has missed a few tackles and assignments (it appears) but I don't think that this is a reason to move him for the remainder of the season. If he returns 100% healthy, he goes back in the middle. We need our best LB'ers on the field.

Nothing suggests a week off is going to magically speed up a long recovery process.....

Our best LB right now is Luke.

1 person likes this

Posted

Nothing suggests a week off is going to magically speed up a long recovery process.....

Our best LB right now is Luke.

I didn't suggest anything. I said if he returns 100% healthy he goes back in the middle. We need our best LB'ers on the field. If his return is the first game after the bye week and he's 100% healthy, then he should go back in the middle, if he's not 100% healthy the first game after the bye week, then he don't. There is nothing suggestive about it.

Posted

screw it.. lets just change to a 5 2 highschool defense we need 2 safeties anyways.. this defense would go perfectly with our offense!

Posted

We do need our best current MLB to be playing the spot. I don't believe that Beason is currently our best MLB.

Honestly the idea that he's going to come back 100% healthy after being banged up like he has all year after one off week is a pipe dream. Not only is he clearly still struggling with recovery from his injury last year but how he has a shoulder injury that has lead him to tackle terribly. Beason this year is not the Beason everyone wants back in the middle and this small amount of time is not likely to bring him back.

Kuechly made his first start at MLB and played his fuging balls off. I know every coach likes to say you can't lose your job to an injury but when the backup is a 9th overall future superstar in this league who is already balling? Maybe you can lose your job to that injury...