Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beason wants to stay in the middle

85 posts in this topic

Posted

I didn't suggest anything. I said if he returns 100% healthy he goes back in the middle. We need our best LB'ers on the field. If his return is the first game after the bye week and he's 100% healthy, then he should go back in the middle, if he's not 100% healthy the first game after the bye week, then he don't. There is nothing suggestive about it.

Well, I just don't get saying IF he is healthy after bye and 100%. That injury takes a long time to rebound from and we have seen that up close.

Posted

I personally think Luke should stay in the middle, Thomas Davis at the Will, and have Beason come in situationally.

Man the way Thomas blew up that fullback in the back field, he definitely helps our run defense out.

I will say this though, I think the decision will ultimately come down from Hurney, believe it or not.

Posted

I love Beason. He's been one of my favorite Panthers from the day he got his first start. However, Luke flat out balls in the middle. 11 tackles and a pick in your first start inside? Yeah, I like you, you're staying, thank you. Beason, should have tackled better. You lost your job, or Kuechly won it from you when you went down, either way, oh well. It's the NFL. This poo happens. Move to Will/Sam and be productive. Our defense just looks better with Kuechly being able to cover the field the way he did.

Posted

So is this the end of Jon Beasons career? Should we be having a trade talk discussion now?

Posted

With the way TD and Luke played this sunday, Beast is closer to the bench than he is to the starting MLB.

Posted

lmao, one game and people want Kuechly in the middle? Strange how quickly some of you forget how he was absolutely destroyed in pass defense for big gains this past Sunday....but knowing this place all the blame will be put on someone else instead of the actual defender who was responsible (Kuechly).

I like Luke, but not good enough to hand the reigns over from a Pro Bowler. Sorry but I'm going to side with logic on this one.

Posted

lmao, one game and people want Kuechly in the middle? Strange how quickly some of you forget how he was absolutely destroyed in pass defense for big gains this past Sunday....but knowing this place all the blame will be put on someone else instead of the actual defender who was responsible (Kuechly).

I like Luke, but not good enough to hand the reigns over from a Pro Bowler. Sorry but I'm going to side with logic on this one.

He got sucked up by play action on 1 play and they caught him.....that isn't being abused. Called getting caught on 1 play.

What Luke displayed was the type play Beason isn't capable of right now....

Luke will continue to get better as well. Anyone who wants Beason to start is thinkin about what w was....not what he now is

Posted

I like Jon's confidence and before his achilles injury, I would have said no way you move him to the outside. Insert Luke Kuechly last week to the MLB spot and I dont see why or how you could take Luke out of that spot.

Posted

Well we're all Beason fans, but this is a team.

IMO I would start Luke again a few more games. If he continues this high level of play, he should stay put.

1 person likes this

Posted

He got sucked up by play action on 1 play and they caught him.....that isn't being abused. Called getting caught on 1 play.

What Luke displayed was the type play Beason isn't capable of right now....

Luke will continue to get better as well. Anyone who wants Beason to start is thinkin about what w was....not what he now is

One play? He gave up three huge passes over the middle. Getting caught up in play-action is his fault. He has to be able to read that. He's not ready. Needs more experience. I know how hard you were calling for the organization to draft him back in April, so I don't expect you to waiver.

Posted

Kuechly is the future at MLB whether we like it or not...we should keep him there

Posted

Luke is our best tackler and is the fastest player on D outside of TD. I love Beason, but he might never come back 100%. Granted, even at 90% ill still take the beast, but not in the middle.