84 replies to this topic

#31 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,963 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

Wow everyone has forgot a about beason.

Wow everyone has forgot a about beason.

Have you forgotten that the guy playing in 2012.....isn't the Beason we know? Him resting isn't going to magically get him back. Could take a full year.....could never happen

#32 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

Beason has missed a few tackles and assignments (it appears) but I don't think that this is a reason to move him for the remainder of the season. If he returns 100% healthy, he goes back in the middle. We need our best LB'ers on the field.

#33 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,963 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:29 PM

Beason has missed a few tackles and assignments (it appears) but I don't think that this is a reason to move him for the remainder of the season. If he returns 100% healthy, he goes back in the middle. We need our best LB'ers on the field.

Nothing suggests a week off is going to magically speed up a long recovery process.....

Our best LB right now is Luke.

#34 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,326 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

Nothing suggests a week off is going to magically speed up a long recovery process.....

Our best LB right now is Luke.

I didn't suggest anything. I said if he returns 100% healthy he goes back in the middle. We need our best LB'ers on the field. If his return is the first game after the bye week and he's 100% healthy, then he should go back in the middle, if he's not 100% healthy the first game after the bye week, then he don't. There is nothing suggestive about it.

#35 xclr82xtc

xclr82xtc

Battle of the Cats Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

screw it.. lets just change to a 5 2 highschool defense we need 2 safeties anyways.. this defense would go perfectly with our offense!

#36 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

We do need our best current MLB to be playing the spot. I don't believe that Beason is currently our best MLB.

Honestly the idea that he's going to come back 100% healthy after being banged up like he has all year after one off week is a pipe dream. Not only is he clearly still struggling with recovery from his injury last year but how he has a shoulder injury that has lead him to tackle terribly. Beason this year is not the Beason everyone wants back in the middle and this small amount of time is not likely to bring him back.

Kuechly made his first start at MLB and played his fuging balls off. I know every coach likes to say you can't lose your job to an injury but when the backup is a 9th overall future superstar in this league who is already balling? Maybe you can lose your job to that injury...

#37 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,963 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

I didn't suggest anything. I said if he returns 100% healthy he goes back in the middle. We need our best LB'ers on the field. If his return is the first game after the bye week and he's 100% healthy, then he should go back in the middle, if he's not 100% healthy the first game after the bye week, then he don't. There is nothing suggestive about it.

Well, I just don't get saying IF he is healthy after bye and 100%. That injury takes a long time to rebound from and we have seen that up close.

#38 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

I personally think Luke should stay in the middle, Thomas Davis at the Will, and have Beason come in situationally.

Man the way Thomas blew up that fullback in the back field, he definitely helps our run defense out.

I will say this though, I think the decision will ultimately come down from Hurney, believe it or not.

#39 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:59 AM

I love Beason. He's been one of my favorite Panthers from the day he got his first start. However, Luke flat out balls in the middle. 11 tackles and a pick in your first start inside? Yeah, I like you, you're staying, thank you. Beason, should have tackled better. You lost your job, or Kuechly won it from you when you went down, either way, oh well. It's the NFL. This poo happens. Move to Will/Sam and be productive. Our defense just looks better with Kuechly being able to cover the field the way he did.

#40 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,877 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:24 AM

So is this the end of Jon Beasons career? Should we be having a trade talk discussion now?

#41 klumme

klumme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:36 AM

With the way TD and Luke played this sunday, Beast is closer to the bench than he is to the starting MLB.

#42 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,776 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:42 AM

lmao, one game and people want Kuechly in the middle? Strange how quickly some of you forget how he was absolutely destroyed in pass defense for big gains this past Sunday....but knowing this place all the blame will be put on someone else instead of the actual defender who was responsible (Kuechly).

I like Luke, but not good enough to hand the reigns over from a Pro Bowler. Sorry but I'm going to side with logic on this one.

#43 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,963 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:06 AM

lmao, one game and people want Kuechly in the middle? Strange how quickly some of you forget how he was absolutely destroyed in pass defense for big gains this past Sunday....but knowing this place all the blame will be put on someone else instead of the actual defender who was responsible (Kuechly).

I like Luke, but not good enough to hand the reigns over from a Pro Bowler. Sorry but I'm going to side with logic on this one.

He got sucked up by play action on 1 play and they caught him.....that isn't being abused. Called getting caught on 1 play.

What Luke displayed was the type play Beason isn't capable of right now....

Luke will continue to get better as well. Anyone who wants Beason to start is thinkin about what w was....not what he now is

#44 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:49 AM

I like Jon's confidence and before his achilles injury, I would have said no way you move him to the outside. Insert Luke Kuechly last week to the MLB spot and I dont see why or how you could take Luke out of that spot.

#45 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,068 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

Well we're all Beason fans, but this is a team.

IMO I would start Luke again a few more games. If he continues this high level of play, he should stay put.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com