#46 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:50 AM

He got sucked up by play action on 1 play and they caught him.....that isn't being abused. Called getting caught on 1 play.

What Luke displayed was the type play Beason isn't capable of right now....

Luke will continue to get better as well. Anyone who wants Beason to start is thinkin about what w was....not what he now is

One play? He gave up three huge passes over the middle. Getting caught up in play-action is his fault. He has to be able to read that. He's not ready. Needs more experience. I know how hard you were calling for the organization to draft him back in April, so I don't expect you to waiver.

#47 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,743 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:20 AM

Kuechly is the future at MLB whether we like it or not...we should keep him there

#48 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

Luke is our best tackler and is the fastest player on D outside of TD. I love Beason, but he might never come back 100%. Granted, even at 90% ill still take the beast, but not in the middle.

#49 P-paw

P-paw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

Like I said a week ago, keep Luke in the middle..and have Beason on the outside, subbing with Thomas Davis..and keep James as the starter for the other side.

#50 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

Beason is damaged goods. He has a long way to go to even become a competent NFL backup, never mind starter. If he can magically revert to his old self we can talk, but until then Kuechly is clearly the man. The NFL is harsh and if you can't perform it spits you out.

#51 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

One play? He gave up three huge passes over the middle. Getting caught up in play-action is his fault. He has to be able to read that. He's not ready. Needs more experience. I know how hard you were calling for the organization to draft him back in April, so I don't expect you to waiver.

And your suggestion is to not start him? What the actual fug?

He gave up 2 passes over the middle. There was a skinny post/seam route that was the fault of Anderson/Cap. Even if it is 3 plays, he got a pick, and he was around the ball damn near every play. 11 tackles speaks for itself. The guy has outplayed Beason THIS season. Beason 2 years ago is immensely better, but this is now we're talking about. I love Beason, but how do you justify removing Kuechly after that performance?

#52 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,570 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

I agree. He got burned a few times, but for a rookie he was impressive.

Actually, I am good either way, as long as the Beast can come in and contribute like we all know he can, and not be a liability. The time on the sideline for a couple of games might do his body well.

#53 Neylus

Neylus

Limited Edition

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

The good Keke did in the middle far outweighed the bad so forget that argument. Beason showed none of the explosiveness that was his game in his prime. He'll likely get there just hasn't yet. Beason has gotten torched and missed too many tackles so far this season.

Give Beason time to get back to form and do whats best for the team in the interim.

#54 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,411 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

Should I? Why not?

Obama, in a recent interview, said he still wants to play President.

give it a freaking rest no one comes here for the politics

#55 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:31 AM

funny thing is everyone thought TD was going to be the odd man out due to injury...hahahaha

Certainly wish no harm to TD but we are only 5 games into the season, I think its a bit premature to think TD and his health woes are in the past.

#56 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

Certainly wish no harm to TD but we are only 5 games into the season, I think its a bit premature to think TD and his health woes are in the past.

regardless, what he's done thus far will top what beason will do the rest of the season! don't wait on the downfall of TD, he's the real heart and soul of the team! realistically yes its a miracle he out there but what cuts have he not made. clearly a reinjury is the last thing on his mind and that's the way it should be. lets follow his example. now sadly, the team is losing so his efforts have no value. smh

#57 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

I said the moment we drafted Kuechly, we should put him in the middle. Taking a guy that high in the draft, I want to get the most out of him. Obviously, playing him in his natural spot is the best way to get the most out of him. Beason, you will just have to learn to play OLB, and enjoy it. Go watch some tape of Derrick Brooks, and learn something.

The proof is in the pudding right. The kid has looked completely lost all season and you put him at his normal position and he is lights out. 11 tackles, a sack, and an interception. Beason has never had that kind of performance. If he wants to pout, then we have other options.

#58 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

• HUDDLER
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

He was targeted twice during the game. One he gave up a 19 yard pass, the other resulted in his interception. So frankly, you are wrong.

#59 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

He was targeted twice during the game. One he gave up a 19 yard pass, the other resulted in his interception. So frankly, you are wrong.

Based on what statistics? Three times I saw him playing zone and get burned. Facts are facts man. He isn't the almighty ILB, he has to improve on his pass defense before he should be considered a full-time starter inside. His strength in college was said to be his pass defense, and I believe it...but this isn't college. He needs to get more experience outside before he comes inside. Jon Beason knows all about that.

The coaching staff may be inept at formulating a successful game plan, but they aren't complete idiots...Beason will be back in the middle.

#60 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

• HUDDLER
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

Based on what statistics? Three times I saw him playing zone and get burned. Facts are facts man. He isn't the almighty ILB, he has to improve on his pass defense before he should be considered a full-time starter inside. His strength in college was said to be his pass defense, and I believe it...but this isn't college. He needs to get more experience outside before he comes inside. Jon Beason knows all about that.

The coaching staff may be inept at formulating a successful game plan, but they aren't complete idiots...Beason will be back in the middle.

Based on profootballfocus. Rather than you trying to remember I'm going to put my faith on a source that revisits every play and records who does what for each.

You may have seen passes over the middle but he was in man coverage on several plays so you could be blaming someone because you don't actually know what happened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com