81 replies to this topic

#61 Davis83

Davis83

Rebelling since 1753

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

Consistent competitive seasons would be a big help.... oh and maybe if our field had "our logo" in the middle instead of an NFL logo - more people would consider it "OUR" homefield.

#62 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

oh, in addition, to all those mentioning the empties in the 1st qtr. It is worse than ever due to the log jam of fans trying to get in to the place due to the new screening procedures. I have never missed kickoffs in all the years going and this season have missed two. If you dont get to the gate at least 30-40minutes prior you will not make it. Hence when the game is starting there are thousands outside still trying to get in.

#63 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

If you sell to another team then its about the money....go somewhere else. I vow that when i do finally find my PSLs, I will give them to true fans before I sell to the away team

Put your money where your mouth is then.

I'll sell you my two right now, but you won't buy. You, and all these other mental midgets who bitch about psl owners, are as big a problem as the psl owners you criticize. You piss and moan day in and day out about how lousy our fans are, but when we're 1-7 you're walking into the game sitting in the seat beside me and you paid $5 for ur ticket. My ticket cost me $83.

We have a soft fan base because we have an even more soft franchise. 4 winning seasons out of 17, and you expect to go to a game and see a rabid fan base?

I can't tell you how many times I go into the game and sit beside someone who paid a fifth of the price for a ticket that I paid. Hell, preseason games are even worse.

Lastly, you guys ripping on psl owners or season ticket holders for selling to oppposing teams fans are hilarious. Fortunately for me, the opposiong teams fan base are generally retarded and will give me near double face for my $10 ticket. I take their money, haggle a scalper and sit right beside them and drown out their drivel, all the while feeling good about the fact that I ripped them off more than Jerry ripped me off. The unfortunate part is that, on that day in that stadium, will be the only thing I can be happy about because more than likely our craptastic team is getting outplayed, out hustled, and out coached.

#64 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

Furthermore, let's define psl owners into two categories from here on out: corporate and personal

The problem lies in the corporations that own the psls. They give tickets to clients, employees, and vendors. These tickets are used as a sales and networking tool for the most part. A good number of the people who receive these have no loyalty to this team. Theyre not huddles, hell most probably can't name more than two players on the team.

Corporate psl owners are like the u.s govt: we hate most of it with every fiber of our being, however without it completely we'd be fugged (I.e. no team)

#65 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

Put your money where your mouth is then.

I'll sell you my two right now, but you won't buy. You, and all these other mental midgets who bitch about psl owners, are as big a problem as the psl owners you criticize. You piss and moan day in and day out about how lousy our fans are, but when we're 1-7 you're walking into the game sitting in the seat beside me and you paid $5 for ur ticket. My ticket cost me $83.

We have a soft fan base because we have an even more soft franchise. 4 winning seasons out of 17, and you expect to go to a game and see a rabid fan base?

I can't tell you how many times I go into the game and sit beside someone who paid a fifth of the price for a ticket that I paid. Hell, preseason games are even worse.

Lastly, you guys ripping on psl owners or season ticket holders for selling to oppposing teams fans are hilarious. Fortunately for me, the opposiong teams fan base are generally retarded and will give me near double face for my $10 ticket. I take their money, haggle a scalper and sit right beside them and drown out their drivel, all the while feeling good about the fact that I ripped them off more than Jerry ripped me off. The unfortunate part is that, on that day in that stadium, will be the only thing I can be happy about because more than likely our craptastic team is getting outplayed, out hustled, and out coached.

Other than your idiotic delivery, I see the point you make and will admit that I have yet to see it from that side. I imagine it would be aggrevating watching tickets beside you go so cheap after paying face value after buying the PSL! To me it just seems that if you invest that much into a house then part of it is yours and protecting it is logical. Selling out to opposing fan base is like putting your wife out there for the highest bidder. Maybe once I own PSLs then my view will change, I don't know. Either way, I need 5.

#66 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,109 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

Other than your idiotic delivery, I see the point you make and will admit that I have yet to see it from that side. I imagine it would be aggrevating watching tickets beside you go so cheap after paying face value after buying the PSL! To me it just seems that if you invest that much into a house then part of it is yours and protecting it is logical. Selling out to opposing fan base is like putting your wife out there for the highest bidder. Maybe once I own PSLs then my view will change, I don't know. Either way, I need 5.

It's not like putting your wife out to the highest bidder. It's ridiculous to expect PSL owners to eat their tickets. Opposing fans are willing to pay, while our own "fans" want you to give them a huge deal or even give them the tickets for free. Screw that.

When times are down, I still have to pay for my seats. When times are good, I still have to pay for my seats.

When times are down, you can't BEG another Panthers "fan" into using the ticket ... I've been turned down numerous times when I've had free extras to offer. Don't even try to sell them ... that's out of the question.

When times are good, these Panthers "fans" are all over me asking for extras, and wanting a deal, etc.

Yet, they are the same "fans" who complain endlessly about PSL owners being the problem, about PSL owners selling their tickets to opposing fans, that the whole PSL system is what's "ruined" the Panthers.

Let me tell you ... the PSL system is what MADE the Panthers. Without it, we wouldn't have the team at all. (Remember, too, we are not the only franchise with PSL, and numerous other sports have modeled their programs after the system.)

It's killing me to miss the entire season this year (due to health issues), but I still own my season tickets; sold them to a Panthers fan this year. At any rate, I still have my PSLs, and I plan to keep them. Before last season, I had NEVER missed one tick of a home game in the entire life of the Panthers; but for this health issue, I wouldn't have missed any now.

Would I prefer a Panthers fan use my extras, when I have them? Hell, yeah ... BUT, I feel no obligation to give them or sell them (for cheap) to a Panthers fan who is looking for a hand-out and nothing more. I am not a rich woman. Can't afford to hand over or eat $100 every Sunday.

#67 nobody

nobody

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

Oh, so you're not a PSL/season ticket holder ... interesting.

yep - he is someone that hasn't had to fund the psl's in the bad times and cant understand why those who have them are not happy. Hell our family did to have name on one of the dang panther statues out front. We will do what we want with ur tickets we have earned that right. I would also remind people of the fanbase during the superbowl run and the playoff appearences. They just need a reason beyond sime statement like "it is what it is or maybe when the 3 year plan is done".

#68 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:33 PM

I'm pretty freaking tired of reading posts from people who have no problem with empty seats.... just remember, Richardson could pull a Modell and you will be left with nothing, because unlike places like Cleveland where fans actually support a losing team, nobody will bother putting another team in Charlotte where the "fans"don't give a crap

I would encourage it. Take this shitty product somewhere else. Regionally speaking it would be tough to deny Carolina another franchise. Washington to Atlanta is a long distance to span on the east coast without an NFL team.

Richardson is running a fast food franchise...not an NFL team...the sooner he steps down, sells or dies the better off this team will be. He has no idea how to create a winning franchise only a financially sound one. Let's face it...his fast food franchises never challenged McDonalds...he is use to be a second class owner...why would his NFL team be any different?

#69 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,109 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

Some people are so full of it ....

#70 Hawkfanadam

Hawkfanadam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Washington

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

There will always be "weak" fans out there... I can only speak of the Seahawks fanbase in terms of experience, but I can say if a team is under performing with a team that shouldn't, there is obviously tremendous contempt. If you look at the Panthers roster it has much better than 1-4 talent, seems like there is some pretty questionable playcalling (seahawks can relate) and I think it's more than ok for the fans to express that. Especially if they are a long time fan that has been through the ups and downs of the franchise. Saying just "the fans are the problem" is a cop out to the real situation. Yeah, there are bandwagon fans in carolina, there are those fans everywhere. If the team was performing to expectation, this issue wouldn't come up. It's just not a shocker to me I suppose. I don't think Rivera is a good coach at all, and I am pretty sure if he was gone, more "real" fans would come to the games. Same thing happened with Jim Moron Jr and the Seahawks. But I don't know the feel of Rivera among Panther fans, I would assume it's pretty negative. FO decisions DO impact not only product on the field, but fans in the stands. Thats the real problem.

#71 nobody

nobody

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

There will always be "weak" fans out there... I can only speak of the Seahawks fanbase in terms of experience, but I can say if a team is under performing with a team that shouldn't, there is obviously tremendous contempt. If you look at the Panthers roster it has much better than 1-4 talent, seems like there is some pretty questionable playcalling (seahawks can relate) and I think it's more than ok for the fans to express that. Especially if they are a long time fan that has been through the ups and downs of the franchise. Saying just "the fans are the problem" is a cop out to the real situation. Yeah, there are bandwagon fans in carolina, there are those fans everywhere. If the team was performing to expectation, this issue wouldn't come up. It's just not a shocker to me I suppose. I don't think Rivera is a good coach at all, and I am pretty sure if he was gone, more "real" fans would come to the games. Same thing happened with Jim Moron Jr and the Seahawks. But I don't know the feel of Rivera among Panther fans, I would assume it's pretty negative. FO decisions DO impact not only product on the field, but fans in the stands. Thats the real problem.

Holy crap............................ a fan from another team that has a real conversation.

Thank you for stopping by you made my day.

#72 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

Observation of a weak franchise...

Rewatch Seattle Game
Rewatch NY Game
Rewatch Tampa Game

Check all time franchise record.
Check that HS Stadium they call professional.

And no one goes? EGADS!

#73 Hawkfanadam

Hawkfanadam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

Holy crap............................ a fan from another team that has a real conversation.

Thank you for stopping by you made my day.

I know.. Crazy those fans exist right? Seems like more people are into talking "smack" behind a computer screen than actually having an intelligent conversation. I guess thats the age we are in. haha

#74 nobody

nobody

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

I know.. Crazy those fans exist right? Seems like more people are into talking "smack" behind a computer screen than actually having an intelligent conversation. I guess thats the age we are in. haha

We deal with ants, falcons and buc fans all the time. Think about that for a second.

That said let me ask you how your fans reacted to a "smart" front office? Did they support it or did they make their voices heard?

#75 Hawkfanadam

Hawkfanadam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

When we had horrible personnel moves, the fans made it known, walking out on games, planned walk outs at halftime no matter the score etc... once Jim Mora was fired more fans came to the games and the support was fantastic. Heres the problem with a staff that the "true" fans can't get behind. Those "true" fans boycott the games while the bandwagoners go to the game, just to go to the game. Leads to a false representation of a fanbase. Panther fans aren't the problem, there is a reason why those "poser" fans are there in the first place. If the fans could get behind a personnel change, I am sure the support would increase by the fans in a exponential manner. Thats what happened here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com