81 replies to this topic

#76 Jump Zone

Jump Zone

Formerly FelineFANatic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

If I am one of the "weak" fans, then so be it. I have not missed a home game since I bought my PSLs in late '96. I stay in my seat until 0:00 on the clock, if for no other reason than to keep an opposing fan out of my seats. Yes, I was dumb enough to turn down a NY giants fan's offer of $400 to swap my seats for his 18 rows behind me. Am I unhappy with the current state of the team, yes. The solution to the problem can be solved by one thing- winning. Until we do that consistently, our fans will remain weak...

#77 klumme

klumme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:07 AM

We need to create an area at the stadium for the fans actually wanting to support the team like real fans. You do not need 75.000 people to make noise 5.000 can do it or less but we need those people together and not all over the stadium.

Look I am from Denmark and my local soccer team has been playing like poo the last 5-6 years but we can still support our team because we concentrate our real fans in the same area in the stadium and let all the "family" fans sit and talk or whatever they want to do doing a game. Then maybe make the real fan areas cheaper so we make sure those areas are always filed with crazy ass fans like SCP that dude deserve cheaper tickets(PSL)

This is a video from my soccer team here in Denmark, the stadium is 1/3 the size of BoA but we have all the real fans together and could out noise our Panthers fans every day of the week:

And on the really good days we then get the whole stadium with us like this:

#78 section543

section543

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:24 AM

I hate to see fans leave early, but on Sunday for example, what evidence was there that the effort given so far would lead to a comeback? I agree our fans could be better, but we go back to the old chicken and egg debatee. Do the fans drive the players or players drive fans. I realize it helps both ways, but I've been to so many games where I paid $$$$ for my family to go, the fans were jacked and loud, and the team gives no effort, or appeared flat. That's no way to retain momentum from the crowd.

I didn't expect the super bowl this year, but I do expect enthusiasm and effort. If it's there, I just can't see it this year. I expected coaching and effort to make up for our personnel shortcomings, and boy was I mistaken.

#79 LongTriad

LongTriad

Missunderstood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

Who are these idiots that go to a football game to sit the whole game? Damn country music concert has more crowd energy!

Season before last, I was told I was making too much noise. I sit and clap only. I will not risk losing my PSLs. When I can't go, I sell my tickets to whom ever. Two reasons for this. The sit and clap rule and the fact that the "ture fan" will not buy them.

#80 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,034 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

I have owned my PSLs since the very beginning, and except for two games last year and this season, I have attended every single home game and have only witness one incident in which a spectator was asked to sit down and shut up. That was when we had obnoxious Cowboys fans who were physically assaulting some of us and we had them removed. I'm not saying it never happens, but the number of incidents of that are overly exaggerated on this board.

#81 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

Why should the fans take this team seriously when the front ofice and the players don't?

#82 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

Im just curious, when Tampa Bay was good in the early mid 200s and won the SB, did they have a ton of fans in the stands or was it empty like it is now? Anyone remember? I reallycwant to know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.