Photo
- - - - -

So...how did the texans go from worst team (with David Carr)....

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 Spaceballs83

Spaceballs83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

To a top tier unit this season? What did they do right, that obviously the panthers are doing wrong? Wish we could make that sort of turn around....

#2 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,090 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

mostly a mixture of good coaching and luck in the draft.

just like a lot of teams.

It also took them years of building.

#3 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

the offense is built around the run game, and they have a good defense...

...aka foxball.

#4 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,637 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

When you hire coaches who are actually good at what the do, you attain success?

What strange sorcery is this.

#5 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,259 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:14 AM

Remember that it took Kubiak 6 years to make the playoffs. I'm not defending the current staff or wanting that but how many people here would be happy to wait that long?

#6 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,261 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

JJ Watt is a fugging beast, disrupts every phase of the opponents offense. That will do wonders for your secondary, and Schaub and the offense run a great balance of run and pass.

#7 P-paw

P-paw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

Remember that it took Kubiak 6 years to make the playoffs. I'm not defending the current staff or wanting that but how many people here would be happy to wait that long?

Thing is, we don't have to wait that long. We are literally 2 plays from the huddle not imploding..and the Panthers being 3-2. (Cam fumble in ATL game), (4th and 1 at the goal line boot out, last week). It just seems we can't finish. No one is hardly doing their job in Carolina, and that goes to the coaches..as well as the players.

#8 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,121 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:21 AM

there were a lot of ups and downs between the end of the carr era and now for the texans.

it wasn't like they picked up schaub and were immediately in the playoffs. they certainly looked better than they did during the carr years but they still had a quarterback carousel going for a few seasons due to injuries and it took time to get their defense built up to what it is now.

from 2007 through 2010 they only had one winning season and that was at 9-7 and out of the playoffs.

#9 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

The Texans are a team I like to compare us to cuz I'm a huge fan of Andre Johnson and they were stuck in mediocrity for a while until recently

2006 - 6-10
2007 - 8-8
2008 - 8-8
2009 - 9-7
2010 - 6-10
2011 - 10-6

Hiring Wade Phillips as DC and supplementing him with good FA signings and draft helped

#10 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

The Texans strategy wasn't difficult. They just waited until Peyton died. I guess we will have to wait for Brees and Ryan to die until we can compete in our division.

#11 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,259 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

Thing is, we don't have to wait that long. We are literally 2 plays from the huddle not imploding..and the Panthers being 3-2. (Cam fumble in ATL game), (4th and 1 at the goal line boot out, last week). It just seems we can't finish. No one is hardly doing their job in Carolina, and that goes to the coaches..as well as the players.

That is sort of my point. While it is natural for fans to start thinking ahead it serves no purpose to worry about replacing a coach after the 5th game of the year. What if they get their act together and improve on last season?

#12 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,609 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

They got to where they are by not bricking on 9 out of every 10 draft picks the past 6 years. They draft guys that are able to contribute at the nfl level, some even become elite. We draft guys that are out of the league in a few seasons.

#13 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,949 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

What??? I thought it only takes a season or 2 after you get a good quarterback to get into the playoffs and win a superbowl?

Color me fuging shcoked!!!

#14 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,637 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

They got to where they are by not binking on 9 out of every 10 draft picks the past 6 years. They draft guys that are able to contribute at the nfl level, some even become elite. We draft guys that are out of the league in a few seasons.

Exactly. They traded away Mario Williams and are still one of the best teams in the league.

#15 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,221 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

They have a GREAT defensive coordinator with with some elite pieces in their front seven. They have a decent defensive backfield which doesn't have to cover as long due to their front. Offensively, they have a dual threat every down running back, who could be the league MVP when all is said and done. They have a great quarterback with one of the top five wide receivers in the game, and an underrated TE. Their line is strong in both run blocking and pass protection. Their F.O. has hit a ton of home runs in the draft, and they haven't been forced to overpay to keep players because they can't replace them in the draft....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com