Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coach Chud Believes the 4th and 1 call was the right one

61 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote][color=#222221][font=arial, verdana, helvetica][size=4]I, in that particular situation at that point, did feel good about giving Cam multiple options there," Chudzinski said, "running and then having a couple of guys that he could throw the ball to, to get out on the edge. And they actually misaligned on it which made it tough for us[/quote][/size][/font][/color]
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000078827/article/cam-newtons-curious-case-at-the-goal-line?module=HP11_content_stream

Posted · Report post

[img]http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/4251-full-retard.jpg[/img]

Posted · Report post

I'd have preferred a run, personally. That said, you can't really bash Chud for this particular play because it worked. We had a guy wide fuging open. Newton just made a horrible play.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I don't get why anyone would question it. Coaches stand by it. A guy was even wide open. I should have worked, but the execution (read: Cam Newtons girl scout throw) was terrible.

Posted · Report post

I thought it was a fine play call. It would have worked if the pass had made it to the open guy.

Posted · Report post

Awful throw by Cam, but he was running and under some pressure. Overall bad play call with bad execution.

Posted · Report post

You people do realize it was 4th down... which means in a regular game it would have been a FG if not for the circumstances. Idk what's worst... to not use Cam and our big backs the first 3 tries or not even the 4th try

Posted · Report post

Last year we did nothing but use Cam on goal-line situations, never used Stew

Now we're not doing either. Yes things like this makes you want to fire Chud on the spot
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

play call may not have been great, but the execution of it was the real failure. we had the talent to make it work. we didn't.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='beastson' timestamp='1349799444' post='1940907']

Now we're not doing either. Yes things like this makes you want to fire Chud on the spot
[/quote]

I agree that we should be utilizing our runners more. In this isolated play, however, it was a good call since it should have worked. Thats the NFL.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='beastson' timestamp='1349799444' post='1940907']

[/quote]

Two of the 4 downs from within the 6 yard line were runs and the final one was a rollout where Newton had the option to run.