#11 beckersteen

beckersteen

Nihilum

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationConcord
HUDDLER

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

Last year we did nothing but use Cam on goal-line situations, never used Stew

Now we're not doing either. Yes things like this makes you want to fire Chud on the spot

I agree that we should be utilizing our runners more. In this isolated play, however, it was a good call since it should have worked. Thats the NFL.

#12 csx

csx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

Last year we did nothing but use Cam on goal-line situations, never used Stew

Now we're not doing either. Yes things like this makes you want to fire Chud on the spot

Two of the 4 downs from within the 6 yard line were runs and the final one was a rollout where Newton had the option to run.

#13 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• LocationOn a Sales Call
HUDDLER

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

TE was wide open so the play call was good if the throw was on target.

#14 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• LocationWilmington, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

Posted this in another thread... Rivera said that their thinking was that the D tackles outweighed Kalil and Kalil also had hurt foot, so they didn't think there would be enough push...

I still would have run it with Cam or at least JStew behind Tolbert.

Cam did make a poor play/pass but had they called a run, that would have been moot.

#15 DangerClose

DangerClose

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

chud simply "out-thought" himself. which seems to be happening more frequently. just stick to the basics bro. get cute after a couple of wins.

#16 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

HUDDLER

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

I dont get how it was a good call lol. Rolling out on the 1 yd line where the back of the endzone is an extra defender. Its a terrible call and thats why it failed

This is just same thing as last game where we punted and it was on the 1 yard line. We didnt know it would land on the 1 yard line. We didn't know Hartstock (who?) would be open... in fact he got open not by design but by thats what happened when you roll out and people trying to cover people

Run the ball in

#17 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

TE was wide open so the play call was good if the throw was on target.

A good play call doesn't have the QB under heavy pressure in a must win situation.

#18 Eazy-E

Eazy-E

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationCharleston, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

Two of the 4 downs from within the 6 yard line were runs and the final one was a rollout where Newton had the option to run.

1 run was with Cam which is fine. Then we line up shotgun, audible into a single back formation with Dwill in the backfield. (Not a goal line power runner) Obvious loss of 3. Could we have made it any easier for the D to know what play we were going to run? Then a nice pass to Murphy. (I wish he would have had more awarness as to where the goal line was or atleast reached for it. Then of course the failed roll out with half a yard to go.

Play calls make no sense sorry. Personel on the field really didn't make much sense either. The evidence just keeps piling up that these coaches are retarded. Hell I am almost starting to think that Chud and Rivera are almost bigger problems than McDerp.

#19 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

I have no issue with the call.

The Seahawks had shown on previous plays that they expected, and were prepared to deal with, a quarterback run. A better thrown pass on that play and we win.

Plenty of issues with the current offensive approach in general, but not that play call

#20 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• LocationWilmington, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

Yet none of those were from inside the 1 yard line, where your receivers are all bunched in the end zone, making it that much harder to get open. We're built as a power running team and we're not doing it... not even trying it, which is what makes me wonder what's going on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users