• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

ironically less option would create more options! you guys will soon regret all that "resign chud" crap in the offseason!

#32 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,269 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

Good lord, did you see how Bell and Kalil got destroyed? That's what they would have been running into.

Do you see how Olsen assumes it's a TD before the duck hit the ground?

#33 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,437 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

Good lord, did you see how Bell and Kalil got destroyed? That's what they would have been running into.

Do you see how Olsen assumes it's a TD before the duck hit the ground?

Can't really see it on that gif, but to be sure Kalil and Bell were pass blocking and the DT's were firing off... not really a valid comparison. Had our O line been run blocking, the outcome may have been different, hard to say.

#34 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,269 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

We could argue about the power running thing, but there's no point... the offense with our $120 million backfield is built to be a running offense... I mean, what other weapons have we got, aside from Smitty than our RBs. Olsen was completely forgotten this past week.

I believe the team forgot about the most important aspect of a running team...the offensive line.

#35 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,437 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

I believe the team forgot about the most important aspect of a running team...the offensive line.

Maybe true, I honestly don't know enough about player evaluations to say... someone said Gross is undersized... ok. Kalil is one of the best centers in football... Silatolu is a rookie, but huge... Bell has played well, and yeah, Hangarter has not... we tried to keep Otah around and he was awesome for the run, but just couldn't stay healthy.

Aside from not putting eleventy billion $ into RBs, (which is also a moot discussion at this point) what else could have been done?

#36 Silent Majority

Silent Majority

Fuggin' Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,742 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, freaking, New Jersey.

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

By Chud's own admission, the defense fooled him. They aligned differently than he expected. If you watch the replay GIF from above Cam had to juke, then throw back across his body, around a defender. Possible...yes. Probable not really. It was a low percentage play call from the beginning. Cam didn't make a play there, but to bash the kid, because he didn't bail Chud out is moronic. That's putting it nicely.

#37 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,269 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:10 PM

Maybe true, I honestly don't know enough about player evaluations to say... someone said Gross is undersized... ok. Kalil is one of the best centers in football... Silatolu is a rookie, but huge... Bell has played well, and yeah, Hangarter has not... we tried to keep Otah around and he was awesome for the run, but just couldn't stay healthy.

Aside from not putting eleventy billion $ into RBs, (which is also a moot discussion at this point) what else could have been done?

When I look at the line I see two solid guys and 3 weak links (for different reasons). That is not the path you would think a team would want to take to build their franchise around a young QB.

#38 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,060 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

A good play call doesn't have the QB under heavy pressure in a must win situation.

because the play was written up so the QB falls under pressure?

It was a good call. Poorly executed by several players.

#39 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

short and goal game on the line its what team wants it more, you run and pound it in. Too many things can go wrong on a pass play esp on 4th down. Your team either has the will to punch it in or you lose. Seattle wanted it more.

#40 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,437 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:38 PM

When I look at the line I see two solid guys and 3 weak links (for different reasons). That is not the path you would think a team would want to take to build their franchise around a young QB.

Considering our offensive prowes last season, the fact that we drafted a road grader OG this draft, and our previously mentioned high dollar backfield, what else could have been done?

Obviously Otah was a huge disappointment but that's water under the bridge...

#41 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,683 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

I would have preferred Cam going over the top..
But, cam had an open guy in the end zone, and couldn't get him the damn ball.

Cam's fault, not the coach.

#42 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,390 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

OL play had a hand in it as well. They were Swiss cheese all day. Execution by 11 starters and the play works.

probably should have gone with 6 OL.

#43 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,707 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

If nobody is open, Chud has no reason to say it was the right call. It's bullshit. He's simply saying, "fug you, somebody was open, blame Cam's throw, not me". No, asshole. I'm blaming you. You have a huge QB and you have 2 powerful runningbacks. No. Excuse. At. All. Power that poo in there.

#44 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,269 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

probably should have gone with 6 OL.

They should be referred to as the LOL.

#45 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

It seems like most good coaches take responsibility for losses even when it's not their fault. Ours seem to do the opposite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com