Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

panther4life

Of all the mistakes Hurney has made Rivera is the worst.

48 posts in this topic

So say you're a candidate in high demand, and the Panthers come calling. They offer a defense with a pro-bowl middle linebacker, and not much else (outside Carolina). On offense, you have some good running backs, Steve Smith, and Jimmy Clausen under center. You also have offers from another team with a decent QB and a very talented defense. And a club that has a great QB, but needs to rebuild their defense is calling. Or maybe your agent has a job at an older club with a big tradition. What do you choose?

Cut to 2013. You get offered a chance to coach a team with Cam Newton under center, and Beason/Kuechly. Does that sound a little more interesting?

1 person likes this

I agree about how he has looked so far as a head coach but the season isnt over and im not going to pass judgement on someone that hasnt had at least 2 full seasons.

Theres no point in firing him right this second. But as soon as the season is over he needs to be gone. I'll be estactic if he makes some changes and gets us back on the right track.

Problem is Rivera seems to think its just flat out bad luck and not his game planning/ game day decisions that are hurting us.

We have never beat a team who did not fire their poo coach the next year or a team with their starting qb playing.

The best team we beat is on their 3rd string coach.

Coaches have more of a bearing on a teams success than anything else and the Saints are a prime example of it right now.

agreed. just remember all new coaches means new schemes, new playbooks. Usually takes a year or half a season to get down properly.

This is precisely why I want a new coach.

Alright...., you get the youngest, most inexpeienced team and the fans demand you win every game in the toughest division with one of the toughest schedules. Who wants the job?

1 person likes this

agreed. just remember all new coaches means new schemes, new playbooks. Usually takes a year or half a season to get down properly.

Jim Harbaugh wants to have a talk with you.

2 people like this

Jim Harbaugh wants to have a talk with you.

go find me another jim harbaugh and ill be glad to sign him tomorrow.

wait sorry who is jim harbaugh?

Add one more to the list of genius threads started by the OP

Is Schiano Fox 2.0?

Name 1 cut that turned out to be a bad decision...

Best roster top to bottom that I can remember

Go on record with your Hurney feelings here

add on to this:

A GM Thread

For those of you who think lack of talent is a problem

Post your reasons for optimism from a coaching standpoint

In other words, find another gimmick.

Alright...., you get the youngest, most inexpeienced team and the fans demand you win every game in the toughest division with one of the toughest schedules. Who wants the job?

Our division is far from the toughest right now. This was our chance to capitalize. The saints are in dissaray, the Bucs still have a ways to go and we showed we have the talent to beat Atlanta.

harbaugh did send a one armed man out to recieve the most crucial play in the nfc championship! They should have fired him, the asst, the d coor, and the qb.

add on to this:

A GM Thread

For those of you who think lack of talent is a problem

Post your reasons for optimism from a coaching standpoint

In other words, find another gimmick.

I have stayed consistent with my thoughts on the team. Who the fug are you anyway?