• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#46 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

If Bradford starts acting like a child during pressers and sulking on the sideline with a towel on his head--- he'll get plenty of national media attention. Nice try with the white thing though.

And that's what matters in a professional athlete, good press conferences.

Who cares that Bradford is one of the worst QBs in the NFL and makes 3 times the money Cam does.

#47 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,458 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

Btw, when is the media gonna rip The Golden Calf of Bristol for flexing every time he makes a play and yelling at the crowd like he just won the damn game?

#48 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,322 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

Btw, when is the media gonna rip The Golden Calf of Bristol for flexing every time he makes a play and yelling at the crowd like he just won the damn game?

Can't do that... he's the golden boy.

#49 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,439 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

never...since no one really expects him to amount to much when it is all said and done.

#50 EasternJ

EasternJ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

Who cares that Bradford is one of the worst QBs in the NFL and makes 3 times the money Cam does.

Oh, and by the way, Cam's sucking at his profession too. I forgot that part.

#51 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

And the media's attempt at ruining Cam's football career has some help from the many Panther fans who sit and read every negative ish into every mistake the kid makes. Some of you Panther fans are making the media's bias against your QB SO easy.

Funny how much Sam suck last season and hs career didn't come to an end. Oh yes, I forgot he's a media chosen QB. No way could they be wrong. So, they give him a much longer rope.

Like Cam being compared to VY is accidental. Are you folks gullible or in denial?

#52 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

never...since no one really expects him to amount to much when it is all said and done.

If that's the case, why is he still playing and VY unemployed?

#53 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,494 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

I know. I posted the same thing in another thread but as a QB you have to have a fire in your heart but with poise and leadership.

Jeez it kinda seems like im talking about jake delhomme, but damn if we had Jake delhommes fire and leadership added to Cam Newtons talent we could be unstoppable the one thing good about it tho is that it can be worked on and learned as talent never can.

I agree but to an extent, Cam already possesses a lot of poise.

My irrelevant opinion :) :

It just seems no one has really shown him how to take that poise and use it to our advantage in something like a two-minute drill or making proper pre-snap adjustments. Our coaching staff sees he's struggling and is like: more option, more Auburn, and yeah, "don't press" In this area it falls on our staff, additionally with their piss poor game planning in general.

My only question is how does one work on intangibles such as leadership and fire? I personally think he can develop them over time and become a strong leader but only if he has the right people around that help him out and aid this organization in creating a direction and identity. A big part of our current woes is that we don't have the right pieces around him rather Chud & Hurney's toy chest and its hurting his development. When he struggles, its not about guiding Cam and the team but reshuffling Chud's box of goodies.

They're treating him like something else rather than a franchise QB. The staff is putting him out there as Mr. Everything 20 or so games into his career when they should be treating him like, well a 2nd year franchise QB with talent around him that can help in out in more ways than one. This year should be the transitioning from last year's offense into a more refined hybrid NFL offense, not Auburn, Oregon, or Georgia Tech in the NFL.

#54 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

Bradford was lucky he got drafted before the new CBA was signed. He is an average QB making big time money

#55 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

Here's a nice piece I found on NFL.com in reply to the SI article defending Cam.

http://www.nfl.com/n...mparison-unfair

Oh, and by the way, Cam's sucking at his profession too. I forgot that part.

Through 5 game's he's been below average this year. Around where you would expect a 2nd year player who could be projected to have a good career.

#56 EasternJ

EasternJ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

Here's a nice piece I found on NFL.com in reply to the SI article defending Cam.

http://www.nfl.com/n...mparison-unfair

Through 5 game's he's been below average this year. Around where you would expect a 2nd year player who could be projected to have a good career.

That might be true, but his child-like behavior isn't what I'd expect out of a professional athlete- 1st year, 2nd--- any year. Hell, I wouldn't expect this behavior from any adult.

#57 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,003 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

If Bradford starts acting like a child during pressers and sulking on the sideline with a towel on his head--- he'll get plenty of national media attention. Nice try with the white thing though.

You mean like Aaron Rodgers did a couple of weeks ago on top of shoving a camera man?

If i recall it got zero attention.

#58 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

You mean like Aaron Rodgers did a couple of weeks ago on top of shoving a camera man?

If i recall it got zero attention.

Or like Brady does basically every time he loses? Dude never shakes an opponent's hand after a loss.

Before someone mentions how they can get away with it because they have won the superbowl, shouldn't superbowl winning QBs be expected to show MORE poise in after the game and during a PC than a 23 year old 2nd year player, instead of less?

#59 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,955 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

I am nowhere near ready to put Cam in the same category as VY. However, there ARE some things in Cam's performance and behavior that are concerning:

1. He has NOT been able to deliver late in the game when it is on the line.
2. He does sulk on the sideline when things don't go his way
3. He did shun his team mates who went to celebrate with him in Atlanta, so that he could do his own little dance
4. Chud is running a college read-option offense rather than an NFL style offense
5. Cam's mechanics seem to be worse than last season...he is very slow through his progressions.

All of these things can be worked on and improved....but we wil lhave to see if they will.

#60 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

I wonder how some of you would pan out if your every move was scrutinized?

There is nothing wrong with Cam. You know how I know, because I see almost EVERY QB the same way. Tom Brady mopes. Is anyone questioning his mental state? A number of other QBs sit with towel on their heads. Why isn't a bunch of ish read into their body language? Show me a happy QB at a news conferencen when his team loses?

The only problem with Cam is our fugging media and their hell bent desire to controll the fugging NFL.

This attack on this kid is so fugging boring and even worst is you folks who keep feeding because you don't want to look at the real issues of your team. Or are you waiting for the media to POINT THEM OUT TO YOU.

LAZY, UNINTELLIGENT, THUGS, BAD ATTITUDE, MENTAL ISSUES, IMMATURE, SPOILT and the list goes on..The same old BS used on any player the media deems not part of their chosen stable. So boring. And sadly many of those players are black. Is it a coencidence? hmmmmmmmm

To bad some of you rather feed this BS than demand more from your team as a whole. I guess just like many in our media, it's easy to attack someone many seem to already have preconceived ignorance towards. Is that why so many of you are so eager to fix Cam when he's no different than any other QB?

You know you're pathetic when all you do is sit and read all kinds of sick ish into everything someone does and then turn around and arrogantly question what is wrong with that person. That is sheer CRAZINESS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com