pure unbounded consciousness

#4 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,971 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

btw he claims in his reports that his neocortical neurons shut off...that is an impossibility of neurobiology. He was "out" in a state in which he experienced suppressed metabolic activity, not a complete neurological shutdown of his metabolic system. Essentially, your cortex cannot shut down or else you go full schiavo.

If anything, his claim further pushes toward the idea that consciousness resides outside of the body and we are simply objects on the receiving end of a frequency that exists at a fundamental level. Essentially, this is where ancient eastern philosophy merges with science.

#5 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • 2,783 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

Glad there is a Tinderbox thread on this so there can be serious discussion on the article (unlike the thread in The Lounge).

#6 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,457 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

Last night while I was unconscious I had the vision that my hands were pumpkins.

Isn't it weird how when "Person/Doctor X declares there is no explanation for Y except God" that the vision they receive near death always matches up with their cultural views on heaven? I wonder what the near death experiences of the afterlife look like to people in other cultures who haven't seen movies where fluffy clouds = heaven.

#7 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,431 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

Last night while I was unconscious I had the vision that my hands were pumpkins.

Isn't it weird how when "Person/Doctor X declares there is no explanation for Y except God" that the vision they receive near death always matches up with their cultural views on heaven? I wonder what the near death experiences of the afterlife look like to people in other cultures who haven't seen movies where fluffy clouds = heaven.

Did you happen to be listening to Pink Floyd before you passed out?

#8 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • 2,783 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

Oneironautics is definitely a real thing. I don't have complete control over lucid dreaming, but can say that I have an ability to place myself anywhere I want to when I am conscious of being in a dream state. It can be incredibly exhausting or incredibly relaxing and (to me) is dependent on control.

#9 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,717 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

The state of being alive is subjective anyways... What is living?... Inhabiting a tangible physical form?... Self awareness?

heh... Electrical impulses and a biological shell... if that is even real...

#10 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,858 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

I know the Rainbow bridge exists that brings my dog to heaven...which the fluffiest cloud of all...not that stupid one that looks like bunny.

#11 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,623 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

Yeah, this guy is full of poo. Nothing to see here.

#12 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,822 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

Of course there is an "afterlife," although I personally wouldnt exactly refer to it as that...but nonetheless its awesome to see doctors and scientists of sorts overriding the establishment doctrine they've been programmed with, and coming to the realization of these very relevant concepts. Considering the data we've gained over the centuries regarding psychedelic drugs; astral projection; the pineal gland and its consciousness catalyzing functions; dreaming; and the endless amounts of synchronized testimonials concerning NDE's, it should be fairly obvious that when you die it is not the end. I would go as far as to say that when you die, you then return to the real life...the one in which we've all existed in our purest form of consciousness for the past billion or so years. This current experience on planet earth is so miniscule and fleeting in the grand scheme of each of our legacies.

#13 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,366 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

Believing in the "after life" doesn't mean you are necessarily a religious person.

#14 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,591 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

#15 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,080 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

Of course there is an "afterlife," although I personally wouldnt exactly refer to it as that...but nonetheless its awesome to see doctors and scientists of sorts overriding the establishment doctrine they've been programmed with, and coming to the realization of these very relevant concepts. Considering the data we've gained over the centuries regarding psychedelic drugs; the pineal gland and its consciousness catalyzing functions; dreaming; and endless amounts of synchronized testimonials concerning NDE's, it should be fairly obvious that that when you die it is not the end. I would go as far as to say that when you die, you then return to the real life...the one in which we've all existed in our purest form of consciousness for the past billion or so years. This current experience on planet earth is so miniscule and fleeting in the grand scheme of each of our legacies.

Why can't we remember anything from our previous incarnations?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.