#1 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,505 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

Pretty cool question I thought I'd throw out there:

What's the most controversial idea in history/science/politics/conspiracy/etc that you believe in that admittedly does not have concrete evidence for 100% global support but you just have that gut feeling about is true?

#2 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,566 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

Man has tons of untapped potential and our current "tech" holds us back.
Aliens/Ghosts/Demons/Spirits are all real.

The Government is about 50 years ahead of the curve on technology.

#3 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,990 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

what we think are aliens are actually demons who have been here the whole time. so essentially everthing is right here on terra firma.

*goes for another beer*

#4 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 5,159 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

Obviously no evidence and I don't know of others with the same belief, but for some reason I think that the human brain already knows everything that's going to happen/knows everything in general.

As we live, we figure things out.

I just randomly went with this theory one day to explain the deja vu episodes I have once or twice a month. Obviously flawed, etc., but something that I've thought would be cool if true.

#5 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,046 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

I doubt its really considered fringe, but I have no doubt that there is intelligent life on other planets. There are to many planets out there for it not to be true. Now, I doubt they have ever visited earth, or if they have, its exceeding rare. But I do believe they exist.

#6 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,505 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

Nice...cool responses guys

Here's mine:

Human civilization is much older than we are led to believe and has endured peaks and valleys.

Here's what is accepted: Our mainstream recorded history only extends to about 1500 bc, what we accept modern civilization goes all the way to 9,000 BC according to mainstream beliefs, and the modern human is accepted as roughly 200,000 years old. The gaps just don't make sense from my perspective.

So...

I believe what we view Ancient Egypt as is not entirely accurate. I think it was a surviving culture remaining on the lands of a far greater civilization that existed prior to the deluge when we were at the most recent glacial maximum within the ice age (150 meter lower seas than today). Our globe was entirely different at this time.

I think we had seafaring cultures around the globe...they weren't necessarily more advanced than today from our perspective but had their own technologies that spurred growth, drove hierarchy and power. The myths of these cultures stemmed the religions of today.

oh and this may come as a surprise, but I do not believe in aliens

#7 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,112 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

The US can benefit from a decentralized federal government.

Can't wait to live in the republic of North Carolina.

#8 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:01 AM

Nice...cool responses guys

Here's mine:

Human civilization is much older than we are led to believe and has endured peaks and valleys.

Here's what is accepted: Our mainstream recorded history only extends to about 1500 bc, what we accept modern civilization goes all the way to 9,000 BC according to mainstream beliefs, and the modern human is accepted as roughly 200,000 years old. The gaps just don't make sense from my perspective.

So...

I believe what we view Ancient Egypt as is not entirely accurate. I think it was a surviving culture remaining on the lands of a far greater civilization that existed prior to the deluge when we were at the most recent glacial maximum within the ice age (150 meter lower seas than today). Our globe was entirely different at this time.

I think we had seafaring cultures around the globe...they weren't necessarily more advanced than today from our perspective but had their own technologies that spurred growth, drove hierarchy and power. The myths of these cultures stemmed the religions of today.

oh and this may come as a surprise, but I do not believe in aliens

This pretty much sums up what I was going to say, although I do believe in the existence of alien life. Maybe not space voyaging space creatures, but I think that somewhere in the vast universe there are at least basic lifeforms somewhere.

#9 MCP

MCP

Peace, Love, Uke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

I believe that the majority of people really are not ass holes. As of yet there is no proof of it, but I believe it anyway.

#10 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,757 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:23 AM

I more or less buy into the biology of belief. I'm extremely skeptic of related new age 'quantum spirituality' type stuff but I think there's truth buried deep in it. I think we are far off from true AI as a result. We still don't have a good enough grasp of emotion and consciousness to pull it off.

#11 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,965 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

leprechauns

#12 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,136 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

That the human experience can be digitized and the worlds envisioned by Gibson, Stephenson, and Morgan are more science and less fiction.

#13 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,536 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:04 AM

the panthers will beat the cowboys next week

#14 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,536 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

also chi

also a spiritual realm

#15 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,505 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

This pretty much sums up what I was going to say, although I do believe in the existence of alien life. Maybe not space voyaging space creatures, but I think that somewhere in the vast universe there are at least basic lifeforms somewhere.

I am open to the idea of primordial life but not what we call ETs. I think there could even be other planets that our beings themselves (like the bad guy in the 5th Element haha)

I just don't believe aliens visit earth and such and abduct hillbillies.

Another thing tied back to what I was talking about prehistory wise is that I believe there was something to the whole Ahnenerbe group in Nazi Germany. I think Heinrich and Himmler may have been right in believing there are lost technologies of previous civilizations (I.E. Aryan/Atlantean/etc.) and they were in search of acquiring ancient knowledge to win WWII. They may have even found some.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com