33 replies to this topic

#16 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,498 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

reportedly he didn't hook up with any bridesmaids either, he must be teh ghey.

#17 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,773 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

The problem is that this is someone with a direct personal tie to Obama. Why didn't ABC put up Jake Tapper rather than her.

#18 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,293 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

Rumor is that Romney will be in the same building as the debate moderator at the upcoming debate. That's a direct personal tie, how can we allow this to happen?

#19 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,390 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

The question is....did Obama get her a Kitchen Aid mixer or did he re-gift something

#20 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,266 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

Rumor is that Romney will be in the same building as the debate moderator for a debate he isnt ACTUALLY a participant in 22 years. That's a direct personal tie, how can we allow this to happen?

/fify

#21 Hawkfanadam

Hawkfanadam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Washington

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

Oh...... My...... God.... thats so super crazy.... 1991? thats such a connection... I heard that Romney shared sperm with Jim Lehrer... that MUST be why he won the debate. Give me a break, people will find anything to make news. lol

#22 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,960 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

it's not news, but people desperately want it to be, so the fact that it's not is proof positive that the media is in the tank for obomber

#23 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,585 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

it's not news, but people desperately want it to be, so the fact that it's not is proof positive that the media is in the tank for obomber

I am still wondering why the media has not reported that the ad being run by Obama citing the one study to support that Romney's tax plan will creSt trillions on deficits is a complete farce. The professor and author if the report stated that he had absolutely no idea how they could get that from his study.

Either the Obama admin are plain liars, or his staff is too dense to actually understand the report or its claims...I am getting it is both.

#24 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

TAKE IT IN THE POOPER FOR COOPER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

It was over 20 years ago, and VP debates haven't had a big swing on elections in a long time.

#25 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

What is the point of a biased debate moderator? I guess I could see it affecting something if the candidates actually answered the questions they were asked, but thats more of a "cross that bridge when you get to it" situation

#26 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,960 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

I am still wondering why the media has not reported that the ad being run by Obama citing the one study to support that Romney's tax plan will creSt trillions on deficits is a complete farce. The professor and author if the report stated that he had absolutely no idea how they could get that from his study.

Either the Obama admin are plain liars, or his staff is too dense to actually understand the report or its claims...I am getting it is both.

the media does not include punditry and specific examinations in its reports on candidates. that's not its job. its job is to provide raw, unbiased data.

if a fact-checking organization came out and made a splash by pointing out inaccuracies in campaign promises, you would expect to see them report it regardless of candidate. but the presentation would not be "romney tells blatant lies about taxes." it would be "a PAC for the president has come out publicly chastising romney for what they say is a patently false claim."

do you see what i'm getting at? (i'm not arguing about the legitimacy of the ad you're talking about, rather illustrating the media/story dynamic.)

#27 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,585 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

the media does not include punditry and specific examinations in its reports on candidates. that's not its job. its job is to provide raw, unbiased data.

if a fact-checking organization came out and made a splash by pointing out inaccuracies in campaign promises, you would expect to see them report it regardless of candidate. but the presentation would not be "romney tells blatant lies about taxes." it would be "a PAC for the president has come out publicly chastising romney for what they say is a patently false claim."

do you see what i'm getting at? (i'm not arguing about the legitimacy of the ad you're talking about, rather illustrating the media/story dynamic.)

It wasn't a fact checking group. It was the actual professor and author of the report who stated that their claim is inaccurate, baseless, and downright wrong.

If that had been a repub who made that statement, I guarantee you the media would be on it.

#28 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,960 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

It wasn't a fact checking group. It was the actual professor and author of the report who stated that their claim is inaccurate, baseless, and downright wrong.

If that had been a repub who made that statement, I guarantee you the media would be on it.

do you have any links to your sources of information?

#29 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,585 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

do you have any links to your sources of information?

Posted the article quoting the professor in another thread. Don't have the link on my iPhone.

Article was written by John Hinderaker quoting Professir Rosen from Princeton....the author if the study they "claim" supports their assertions,

#30 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

Same thing happened for the last VP debate. The moderator was actually writing a book on Obama.

Roles are reversed this time. Everyone figured Biden would wipe the floor with Palin last time, and for the most part she avoided a knockout blow. Now people expect Ryan to make Biden look silly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com