Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should we blame Richardson and not Hurney?

50 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I heard a good point on the radio this morning. What if Marty Hurney's only job is to take the heat for Richardson and manage the cap?

Maybe Richardson is just a closet Jerry Jones and doesnt want to stick his neck out. Let me paint a scenario for you....

JR deep in the bowels of BOA sitting behind a large desk in front of a fireplace slowly stroking his cat. With the press of a button Hurney rushes in to nurture JR's every need.

JR tells Hurney to draft that little QB from that mountain school that everyone is talking about. Hurney protests politely but gives in knowing that as long as he takes the brunt of the punishment his "contract" will never expire.

Sound Legit?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Most of the people upset with Hurney aren't screaming for his head because of the crap team we've fielded this season alone. There's his drafting record recently, the stupidity of overpaying not one, but two fuging running backs, his allergy to bolstering obvious holes in talent in FA (and when he did actually try to grab someone of note.. we grabbed a fuging RB/FB hybrid), prioritizing the RB/LB position with our top tier picks, trading away high draft picks (and all the cascading fun it brings in future drafts), a terrible overall record during his tenure, etc. etc.

Saying "omg stupd overacting fanz wants Hurney gon loll" is disingenuous at best.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

The "fire Hurney" issue is hardly new.

The fact that it has intensified recently is a result of yet another season wasted.

Hurney is the ultimate decision maker within the organizaton that doesn't have the last name of Richardson.

He has had 12 years to demonstrate his abilities and provide a viable product for public consumption and he has failed miserably.

Time for a change.

Posted · Report post

It's mostly Hurney. Colin makes sense, but are we supposed to believe that Richardson had a direct hand in drafting past the first round ever except for possibly Armanti? If you asked him today who Jeff Byers is, do you think he would have any clue?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Sam Mills Fan' timestamp='1349894667' post='1942559']
It's mostly Hurney. Colin makes sense, but are we supposed to believe that Richardson had a direct hand in drafting past the first round ever except for possibly Armanti? If you asked him today who Jeff Byers is, do you think he would have any clue?
[/quote]

I think JR has more of a say in football operations than we think he does because he's not the Jerry Jones type that just comes out and says "I run poo bitch". I don't think he's iron fisted over the organization but I also believe he has a higher than average level of influence.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Snake' timestamp='1349884985' post='1942271']
[url="http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2012/10/10/jerry-richardson-the-man-behind-the-curtain/"]http://charlotte.cbs...nd-the-curtain/[/url]

If this is true we are now entering Browns territory.
[/quote]

Did everyone who posted in this thread read this story?

So fuging bad...

Whelp, its sad knowing the team is going to suck until a certain someone dies. Raiders of the East :(

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Sam Mills Fan' timestamp='1349894667' post='1942559']
[/quote]

Probably, but Byers was drafted by the Broncos.

Posted · Report post

You mean they are two different people?!?

Posted · Report post

I'm not a Hurney fan and I have dedicated my share of posts to him that are full of vitriol. This however is not on him. This season and last he has filled positions fo need fairly well and drafted above average. This lackluster season hangs on the coaching staff and the players. You can regurgitate a "why draft Armanti" or "otah was a reach" thread all you want but nobody on this board that has any sense is buying it.

And really, we have so many noob/camfirst/localyokel fanzz in here that are already clueless enough. Stop confusing them with this garbage.

Posted · Report post

Wow. Just wow.

Posted · Report post

Good to see the local media growing a set of bools

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carolinarolls' timestamp='1349913142' post='1943129']
I'm not a Hurney fan and I have dedicated my share of posts to him that are full of vitriol. This however is not on him. This season and last he has filled positions fo need fairly well and drafted above average. This lackluster season hangs on the coaching staff and the players. You can regurgitate a "why draft Armanti" or "otah was a reach" thread all you want but nobody on this board that has any sense is buying it.

And really, we have so many noob/camfirst/localyokel fanzz in here that are already clueless enough. Stop confusing them with this garbage.
[/quote]

Who hired the coaches

and haha there's no way you can say he "filled positions of need fairly well". Dwan Edwards, Haruki Nakamura, and Josh Norman aren't what I would consider big upgrades.
1 person likes this