Photo
- - - - -

Should we blame Richardson and not Hurney?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,731 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

It's mostly Hurney. Colin makes sense, but are we supposed to believe that Richardson had a direct hand in drafting past the first round ever except for possibly Armanti? If you asked him today who Jeff Byers is, do you think he would have any clue?

#17 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

It's mostly Hurney. Colin makes sense, but are we supposed to believe that Richardson had a direct hand in drafting past the first round ever except for possibly Armanti? If you asked him today who Jeff Byers is, do you think he would have any clue?

I think JR has more of a say in football operations than we think he does because he's not the Jerry Jones type that just comes out and says "I run poo bitch". I don't think he's iron fisted over the organization but I also believe he has a higher than average level of influence.

#18 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,095 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

http://charlotte.cbs...nd-the-curtain/

If this is true we are now entering Browns territory.

Did everyone who posted in this thread read this story?

So fuging bad...

Whelp, its sad knowing the team is going to suck until a certain someone dies. Raiders of the East :(

#19 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

Probably, but Byers was drafted by the Broncos.

#20 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,007 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

You mean they are two different people?!?

#21 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

I'm not a Hurney fan and I have dedicated my share of posts to him that are full of vitriol. This however is not on him. This season and last he has filled positions fo need fairly well and drafted above average. This lackluster season hangs on the coaching staff and the players. You can regurgitate a "why draft Armanti" or "otah was a reach" thread all you want but nobody on this board that has any sense is buying it.

And really, we have so many noob/camfirst/localyokel fanzz in here that are already clueless enough. Stop confusing them with this garbage.

#22 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,679 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

Wow. Just wow.

#23 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,482 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

Good to see the local media growing a set of bools

#24 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,773 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

I'm not a Hurney fan and I have dedicated my share of posts to him that are full of vitriol. This however is not on him. This season and last he has filled positions fo need fairly well and drafted above average. This lackluster season hangs on the coaching staff and the players. You can regurgitate a "why draft Armanti" or "otah was a reach" thread all you want but nobody on this board that has any sense is buying it.

And really, we have so many noob/camfirst/localyokel fanzz in here that are already clueless enough. Stop confusing them with this garbage.

Who hired the coaches

and haha there's no way you can say he "filled positions of need fairly well". Dwan Edwards, Haruki Nakamura, and Josh Norman aren't what I would consider big upgrades.

#25 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,468 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

I do remember them saying that they were going to pick a coach that fit THERE system and do things THERE way this time.

#26 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,331 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

Great article.

#27 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,128 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

The writer of the article provides no meaningful proof of JRs involvement, just speculation. Hurney's public statements should be taken at face value until there is evidence to the contrary.

Either Hurney lacks the skill to develop a consistently competitive organization or he doesn't have the fortitude to tell JR to stop interfering. Regardless, he is failing miserably at his job and his 12 year track record suggests this organization stands no realistic chance of being successful until he is gone.

#28 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 10,986 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

The team we love run by a stubborn old man and his elf. 4 winning seasons in 17 years... Just sad...

#29 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

Hurney isn't the problem...you can replace him with Jesus, but Big Cat still runs the show.

#30 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,128 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

Hurney isn't the problem...you can replace him with Jesus, but Big Cat still runs the show.

Then you tell the owner he is destroying any chance of his team to be competitive and submit your resignation.

Anyone that values their employees and loves the game of football would not tolerate being part of this three ring circus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.