Photo
- - - - -

Hand pick you new head coach, gm and top 10 pick.

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#106 amcoolio

amcoolio

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

I'll probably spontaneously combust if we finally get a new General Manager and the first thing he does is draft a LB in the first.

You draft BPA (minus QB obviously), and Jones is the BPA and would help our defense more than that DT would.

#107 ZedLeppelin

ZedLeppelin

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

We're going to have to get a coach and GM whose willing to risk their reputation/career on Cam Newton. Most new coaches and GMs I expect would want to come in and get their own guys and that won't happen here I don't think. I expect the coaches/gms the fans want will turn us down because Cam is a huge risk and we will be stuck with our fourth or fifth choice for GM and coach. I wouldn't be shocked if its a Greg Schiano out of nowhere type hire which could be a good or a bad thing.

#108 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,467 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

had no idea people still wanted gruden here.

yeah he seems like a positive high energy guy on monday night football but it's pretty well acknowledged that his players were fed up with him in tampa. remember how he handled the QB position over his last few years? bring in like 20 washed up vets and whoever survives gets the job? he didn't win a playoff game after the super bowl in 2002 and was at the wheel for the horrific late season collapse in 2008.

#109 ClawOn

ClawOn

Bringer of Dong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

I recommend running new HC candidates through clock management scenarios before going any further.

#110 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,870 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

One that's not mentioned a lot for a head coach possibility is Winston Moss of the Packers

Other potential HCs: Vic Fangio, Ray Horton, Keith Butler, Greg Roman & Gus Bradley

If I had to choose right now:

GM: Caserio

HC: Keith Butler

Draft Picks: Sam Montgomery & Terrance Williams

#111 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,023 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

We're going to have to get a coach and GM whose willing to risk their reputation/career on Cam Newton. Most new coaches and GMs I expect would want to come in and get their own guys and that won't happen here I don't think. I expect the coaches/gms the fans want will turn us down because Cam is a huge risk and we will be stuck with our fourth or fifth choice for GM and coach. I wouldn't be shocked if its a Greg Schiano out of nowhere type hire which could be a good or a bad thing.

Srsly?

The only people that think Cam is a huge risk are the Colin Cowherd/Scott Van Pelt media talking head idiots.

GM/coaches will want to come here BECAUSE of Cam and his astronomical ceiling.

#112 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

You draft BPA (minus QB obviously), and Jones is the BPA and would help our defense more than that DT would.

We've picked either a RB or a LB in the first an absurd amount of times during Hurney's tenure.

We'd be looking at fielding three 1st round picks at LB and 2 at RB. Two positions that are probably the easiest to fill via FA.

I see what you're saying, but No. NoNoNoNo.

#113 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,870 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

Something that may shift in JRs philosophy (its impossible to really grasp anyhoo haha) is trying an offensive minded guy at HC for once.

So other than Roman, maybe Rick Dennison

#114 Icon_and_Entertainer

Icon_and_Entertainer

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

GM - Has to be someone from an organization with a track record of quality drafts (e.g. Steelers, Ravens, Packers, Giants, Pats)

Coach- I really think we should make a run at Chip Kelly. The league is making more and more of a shift towards college style offenses and his is not dissimilar to what Cam ran at Auburn. The quick reads could really help Cam. D-Will could flourish with the quick runs that come out of the system. J-Stew was a first rounder coming out of his system so that shouldn't be a problem. Getting Smitty isolated on the outside on short passes is always a nightmare.

Player - DT from Utah/Mingo from LSU
Saftey/CB in the second
Taylor from South Carolina in the third

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.