Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does kalil being hurt change Chuds read option?

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Kalil is a very good blocker in open space and gets to the 2nd level. Hangartner cannot....at all. Hell, he's the one of the ground every play. Could Chud actually use the I formation more?

Posted

Hope it kills it

Posted

If we don't change it up, the next player on IR will be Cam.

Posted

It might force Chud to be more traditional and simplify the offense..which I think may be a positive at this point.

1 person likes this

Posted

if the exuberant amount of failures running the option doesnt make him get rid of it, then losing our center should be the last straw.

Posted

The read option based offense has not been working all year and we kept beating our heads into it. I don't think Kalil going out is going to change that.

I still think the only chance we have during the year for a slight schematic change is the bye week - so if we're going to adjust a little this will be when we do it. But I don't think it will have a thing to do with the OLine shakeup.

Posted

Kalil is a very good blocker in open space and gets to the 2nd level. Hangartner cannot....at all. Hell, he's the one of the ground every play. Could Chud actually use the I formation more?

Didn't think about it that way. Not that it's good that Kalil is hurt, or that I will watch any more games until it's worth the time to do so, but maybe Kalil being out will kill the read-option.

Posted

Find the positive in the negative! I like it

Posted

we'll have to call some shorter routes, for sure. expect quicker pressure in the middle.