Photo
- - - - -

dont mind me, just beating this dead horse...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 iampantherman

iampantherman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

Is there any team that will take DWill's contract? I would hate to see him go, but the money he is making to carry the ball 8-10 times is just fugin stupid. We should be able to at least get a late first. IMO this HAS to happen to save Hurneys ass.

Maybe in some alternate universe, but not this one. And why would you want to save Hurney's ass?! I want JR gone, Hurney gone, Rivera gone- just for starters. Until then, I'll keep watching the unfolding of continuous comedy gold that is the Carolina Panthers organization. Comedy is the only value provided by this franchise. If we look at it that way, it's not so bad. Just think of us as a real life Bad News Bears. Through those lenses it's still entertaining at least.

#17 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

See my response to the same question in the Beason thread. Neither Beason nor DWill are tradeable either from a value standpoint or from a cap standpoint.

They are ours, like it or not.

#18 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,752 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

He is gone or Marty restructures his contract after this season. He's a good player to have around but there comes a point where business takes priority, even Marty knows this. He restructures at least three contracts every offseason to prove that

You guys really don't understand how trading players for picks works, do you? About the only way you get a first rounder for someone is a player like Calvin Johnson or Pierre Paul. A Top Tier player, a game changer. D-Will, despite the fact he is a very good player, might fetch a 4th, 3rd is way pushing it. He's aging and his production is down, plus the crazy big contract. Not to mention RB's are a dime a dozen these days.

You do realize there are many people out there who are avid football fans who have probably never heard of D-Will, right? The Panthers aren't exactly the center of the universe and D-Will is no Ray Rice...

#19 nobody

nobody

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

you could get a 1st for him if you didnt have that massive contract - with it its a low 3rd unless they are desperate then you might get a loooooow 2 if lucky. Like lottery lucky.

#20 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

Is there any team that will take DWill's contract? I would hate to see him go, but the money he is making to carry the ball 8-10 times is just fugin stupid. We should be able to at least get a late first. IMO this HAS to happen to save Hurneys ass.

If it means getting rid of Hurney, then I say keep him....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com