Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Irv

Should the team consider trading beason

54 posts in this topic

-anybody know how long he has on his contract?

He just got extended last year. Those saying we should trade him apparently haven't seen his contract. No team is going to touch that. No how, no way.

1 person likes this

Anybody is tradable given the right offer.

What you have to do is...

A ) Define "the right offer" and...

B ) Ask whether anyone would realistically make that offer

So yes, I'd do it, but at this point, I doubt the value is out there to make it worthwhile.

At this point in time, Luke is better. If we can get two other LBs as good as what Beason gives us now, and we can get something good for him, why not. But is there is 1% chance he'll heal up, we keep him.

four and a big injury risk?...... not worth it - let him get well and lets see

injured with a big contact, worth more to us here

Anybody is tradable given the right offer.

What you have to do is...

A) Define"the right offer" and...

B) Ask whether anyone would realistically make that offer

So yes, I'd do it, but I doubt the value is out there to make it worthwhile.

Not really true. If we traded him now, we would have to eat $12 million dollars in bonus that has not yet hit the cap. Even if a team knocked us out with an offer, there is no way Marty can take that kind of hit right now.

When Marty does these contracts, he is doing them in a way that players can be cut or re-structured in year 3 of the deal, but the hit from trading them, when you have to absorb all the bonus allocation at once rather than over two years, makes it nearly impossible to move them until the last year of their deal.

Edit: Correction. Under the current CBA, we could trade a player after June 1st and spread the hit over two years. Or, we can designate up to 2 players to do it after the start of the league year but before June 1st, and spread it over 2 years. In either case, we could not afford to trade Beason (or DWill) before the start of the next league year. The cap hit would be more than we could bear.

Right now...cheer for Indy. With no clear starting RB (Donald Brown hurt) and if they think they have a chance to make a run, they might spend a little for a RB. In fact, with so many teams losing RBs to IR/or for weeks it would seem to be a good time to shop DWill.

I'd rather seem him play a rotational role until he's up to par, then let he and Keek compete to play the Mike.

It pains me to say it, but for the right offer... yes.

It pains me to say this as well but we should call the Cards to see if they're interested in DeAngelo.