• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#46 pilot2011

pilot2011

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

as someone has already said, Beason has been in the right spots, he has just been tackling poorly.

with that being said, it is not just Beason that has had trouble tackling and I think everyone would agree with that... I know there are a set number of practices where full contact is permitted, but I can't help but wonder how this defense would be if it weren't for the new practice rules and the lack of real tackling going on in practice.

if it were allowed, would any of you volunteer as a tackling dummy?

#47 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:55 PM

But you know we won't trade him, so why are we discussing this? LOL

#48 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:29 AM

Other than Hurney, what GM in their right mind would trade for an over payed LB with an achilles injury that has yet to demonstrate they are even close to returning to their former level of performance?

Most on here would be screaming bloody murder if the Panthers made a deal to bring in another team's player under similar circumstances.

#49 TheAmericanDream

TheAmericanDream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • LocationTriad

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:14 AM

Hell trade everyone and let's start over.
Geez. The fan base is crazy!

#50 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,970 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:50 AM

With how well Kuechly played last week, we could look at options. But nothing less than a 3rd. I'm talking a 2nd or a 3rd. We could probably find an OLB next year with a 3rd and it would also help free some cap for us to use as bait for a WR or CB next year.

#51 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:57 AM

I think you have to entertain offers for him, but I honestly don't think how any trades in which we don't lose our ass are offered, considering the circumstances.

Long term, a healthy Beason is a great player to have on the team, even if he's not in the middle. Unless we can pull a 2nd for him, you keep him and let him heal up.

#52 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

I have been as firmly on the Kuechly should start bandwagon as anyone else but it would be foolish to attempt to ditch Beason entirely until we have a pretty sizable body of work from Kuechly. Even if he starts at Mike for the rest of the year and looks good dumping Beason, who has been a VERY good LB for us and is probably playing badly this year because he's still injured / not recovered entirely, wouldn't make sense to me yet.

Especially when we consider that Thomas Davis' knee is cobbled together and could go again any time. I want TD to be back full strength and play the rest of a long career but that knee can't be trusted yet.

#53 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,601 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

People want to talk about what we would get for him, but no one has addressed the question of how we would handle the cap hit.

As soon as we move him off our roster (assuming we are talking about doing this now before the deadline) we take a $12 million dollar hit to our cap. Somebody tell me how you propose doing that.

Unless you can answer that question, any discussion of what we could get for him is pointless.

#54 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,264 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

It would make sense since I have a Beason authentic jersey. It will hang nicely next to my Peppers and Otah authentics, never to be worn again. All I have left would be Smitty.

#55 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

People want to talk about what we would get for him, but no one has addressed the question of how we would handle the cap hit.

As soon as we move him off our roster (assuming we are talking about doing this now before the deadline) we take a $12 million dollar hit to our cap. Somebody tell me how you propose doing that.

Unless you can answer that question, any discussion of what we could get for him is pointless.

The cap hit would actually be about 6.5 million. You would subtract his current cap hit from the accelerated signing bonus cap hit. This number is easily manageable if the team wanted to make the trade.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com