Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It needs to be asked

141 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

So I have been pondering this question all week. Let's say Cam keeps regressing and the panthers drop the spread option and no improvement. We get the #1 pick this offseason do we take Geno smith or not. Cam will be entering his 3rd year of a 4 year contract next season. Do you take the risk they he will get better next year with no backup plan? Or do you take geno and let him learn a year and to see if cam improves?

Posted · Report post

Unless Cam completely destroys the locker room or something to that nature, I doubt we are going to pick a QB next year.

And besides, Hurney is still going to be in charge, so we'll pick a RB or some poo.

Posted · Report post

No. You trade down and build a better team around him like the Rams did with Bradford. Taking Geno would be completely idiotic to do and when we have a aging LT, and WR. We do not have a secondary nor a interior d-line. If we take Geno with the number 1 pick then this team is ruined for another decade.
5 people like this

Posted · Report post

I'm not understanding why people think another QB would do better than what Cam is doing like, wtf?

It isn't his fault his offensive coordinator is completely incompetent and refuses to trash this shitty read option. So squirrel please take your Geno Smith fantasies to another forum.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote]It needs to be asked[/quote]

uh no actually it doesn't

this is worse than the goatse thread
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I kinda see us taking star the dt from utah.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='micnificent28' timestamp='1349946402' post='1943396']
I kinda see us taking star the dt from utah.
[/quote]

With the #1 pick I don't think so. Right now it is Smith or trade down.

Posted · Report post

The draft isn't right now, it's a pointless discussion.

The thought of drafting another QB with a theoretical first round pick would be one of the all time dumbest draft decisions...no, the all time dumbest draft decisions.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Cam is a capable QB. I do agree that Chud needs to transition him more to a pro-style offense and that's hindering his capability because defeneses figure dumb stuff out quick. If we do somehow end up with the #1 pick, we need to make every effort to trade down.

Posted · Report post

Cam isn't regressing, Chud and the O-line is regressing. Cam >>>> Geno Smith....
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

when i was considering posting in the " i am the new GM this is what i do thread", this was the first thing i thought of.

i would take another qb just to push newton.

he has yet to be pushed at this level. competition breeds excellence...and there is zero competition with anderson and clausen on the roster.

it's one thing to go thru the motions of working to get better...it's another to actually put in work to keep your job.

geno smith is the qb in the upcoming draft that would push newton.

Posted · Report post

No.

You find someone in the top 10 that needs/wants a QB and you turn the number one pick into 3 or 4 other picks in this draft.