Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noam Chomsky: The Torture Memos and Historical Amnesia

24 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

dont want to.

Look at it!

Posted · Report post

"I mean the great act of genocide in the modern period is Pol Pot, 1975 through 1978 - that atrocity - I think it would be hard to find any example of a comparable outrage and outpouring of fury and so on and so forth." -- Noam Chomsky, in the documentary "Manufacturing Consent," 1993.

i'd ask you to provide specific examples, but we both know you won't, and we both know you're arguing in bad faith.

for any interested, the chomsky as a khmer rouge apologist is brought up by anyone that wants to discredit him to people they're confident won't look any farther into the matter, making it a pretty obvious bad faith argument. during the seventies, chomsky spoke a lot about the media misinterpretation of the wars in southeast asia, of which there were many. turns out the propaganda in one place, cambodia, was correct, and once all the facts came out he quickly recanted, as pstall would be able to see if he knew anything about the man beyond what he could read on resist.net

Predictable.

And YOU interjected discrediting. If your boy is legit and has been consistent nothing to worry about.

And as usual, you already have made up your mind on these topics.

Your like the 82 yr old sitting in his Depends while watching Matlock who NEVER EVER loses an arguement because he won't allow the discussion to take place.

You basically sealed my argument with your jump to conclusion comment.

Posted · Report post

well pstall im familiar with your brand of poo posting and decided to head that off at the pass.

if you want to paint this as a victory for yourself, then go ahead.

this thread isn't about your fascination with me, or how butthurt you are i ignored and your thread your pm invitation to hang out so take your tantrum elsewhere.

Posted · Report post

well pstall im familiar with your brand of poo posting and decided to head that off at the pass.

if you want to paint this as a victory for yourself, then go ahead.

No victory for me cha cha. I prefer my victories to come via the stock market and my kids being healthy and doing great in school and being able to help those less fortunate.

You can keep the interwebz wins all to yourself. Will look good on your resume one day.

As for poo posting, you are the Tiger Woods of poo. :seeya:

Posted · Report post

No victory for me cha cha. I prefer my victories to come via the stock market and my kids being healthy and doing great in school and being able to help those less fortunate.

You can keep the interwebz wins all to yourself. Will look good on your resume one day.

As for poo posting, you are the Tiger Woods of poo. :seeya:

Are you sure he's not the poo of Tiger Woods?

Posted · Report post

He does that to get the mindless drones that think the USA is always right to just, for once, think MAYBE somebody else has a right to disagree with the policies of our country.

Sometimes those other countries are wrong, IMO, but it doesn't mean they don't have the right to disagree. Or even hate our guts.

It DOES NOT give them the right to attack us and not expect counterattack.

My interpretation.

You give him too much credit. His postings speak for themselves...I've not read one positive US post from him. But, then again, I don't read that much of what he has to say, so I'll give him a pass on that one.

Posted · Report post

Don't want to shake up Htars little worldview now do we?

Posted · Report post

Regardless of who's right or wrong, I know one thing with absolute certainty:

It's much more difficult to do what Fiz does in a conversation than what Htar does.

Posted · Report post

God forbid that we make it too cold....or play loud music...or put bugs in the cell of someone who is afraid of bugs....for these people who would slit our throats if they had the chance.

They use children and women as human shields.....kill innocent people in terrorist acts. My God we are definitely barbarians for making it too uncomfortable for them.

Posted · Report post

I don't think that the pics will contain images of prisoners rocking out against their will to Judas Priest, but good try.

Posted · Report post

I don't think that the pics will contain images of prisoners rocking out against their will to Judas Priest, but good try.

They should play, "Breaking the Law."

Posted · Report post

My view on torture is like my view on abortion. In a perfect world there wouldn't be any, but this isn't a perfect world. There are simply some cases where that option has to be there. When your enemy uses it on you, I don't give a rats ass if using it back hurts their feelings.

But here's the thing...they use it for fear purposes. We were using it to extract information. Life saving information. They have cells in our country. Does anyone believe that they don't? Are you comfortable with them being among us, ready to carry out another 9/11 some day? I'm not. And if we have one of their masterminds who knows who he's got living here, I say pull out every one of his fingernails if you have to.