#31 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:55 AM

Oh yeah. I block that out of memory already.

How about a rookie up for rookie of the week?

Minor moral victories! I'll take it!

#32 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

Minor moral victories! I'll take it!

Here in Carolina, we don't play for the scoreboard. We play for the lovers of moral victories everywhere. That is our Super Bowl.

#33 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

Let me guess, you're questioning his intelligence? Not surprising.

He seemed fine running a pro style offense last year.

not questioning his intelligence, but suppose he does have issues reading a defense pre-snap?

it would explain a lot.

#34 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

not questioning his intelligence, but suppose he does have issues reading a defense pre-snap?

I'm guessing if he does have issues reading a defense pre-snap, this zone read offense Chud is trying isn't the best thing given all the pre-snap reads in a offense unproven in the NFL.

If he is having trouble, actually coaching a player to run a pro style offense is a heck of a thought. Take the lump and bruises. He'll be better for it or we will be looking for a new QB down the road.

Would be better than watching this shitty scheme on Sundays.

#35 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

it would explain a lot.

I'm not sure it matters. It's not like we're running a successful offense this year using what we're using.

If that's true (and I don't think it is - but if it is) and we're going to be terrible regardless why not be terrible in the system that lets him get some practice at what he's going to have to run for most of his career AND isn't a system that almost guarantees he gets whacked on every other play?

I'm not seeing any advantage to running the system we're running as a "protect Cam from himself" measure.

#36 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,652 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

it would explain a lot.

I don't think there is any proof to say that. This gimmick predictable offense is hindering his development. Even if he did have issues reading defenses I would rather him take his lumps and learn in a real NFL offense.

#37 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

I don't think there is any proof to say that. This gimmick predictable offense is hindering his development. Even if he did have issues reading defenses I would rather him take his lumps and learn in a real NFL offense.

Last year's offense required him to read defenses. So, did Cam get dumber this year?

#38 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

All of Cams completions with the exception of one, on our final drive against Seattle, was from under center.

Also I went back and looked at our first offensive play of each game this year, and it was the read option, handed off to Deangelo, for a run up the middle. Cam never pulled it out and ran. It's almost like it was being used as a throw away play.

#39 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

All of Cams completions with the exception of one, on our final drive against Seattle, was from under center.

Also I went back and looked at our first offensive play of each game this year, and it was the read option, handed off to Deangelo, for a run up the middle. Cam never pulled it out and ran. It's almost like it was being used as a throw away play.

Well if we do it again to open against Dallas and it fails again, a healthy loud boo from the crowd at the displeasure of the option might be a good idea.

#40 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

better than I thought

I thought if we lucked out in a few games from here on out we may climb UP to 27. Wow. We're rollin' now.

#41 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,996 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

I'm guessing if he does have issues reading a defense pre-snap, this zone read offense Chud is trying isn't the best thing given all the pre-snap reads in a offense unproven in the NFL.

If he is having trouble, actually coaching a player to run a pro style offense is a heck of a thought. Take the lump and bruises. He'll be better for it or we will be looking for a new QB down the road.

Would be better than watching this shitty scheme on Sundays.

The zone read offense does NOT have a bunch of pre-snap reads. The QB only keys on the DE. If he crashes down, the QB keeps the ball. If he doesn't, he hands it off up the middle. It is actually a very simple offense from a reading defenses perspective.

#42 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

The zone read offense does NOT have a bunch of pre-snap reads. The QB only keys on the DE. If he crashes down, the QB keeps the ball. If he doesn't, he hands it off up the middle. It is actually a very simple offense from a reading defenses perspective.

Whoops. Good call.

Scheme still sucks.

#43 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

I mean correct me if Im wrong but it seemed to me last year we ran a pro style offense with a couple of sprinkles of the option and whatnot. We were ranked top 10 in offense.

I guess we got too cute and the saying If it aint broke don't fix it applies to this offense this season.

This is what I can't understand either.

I went back and rewatched some of the games from last year, and Cam did well throwing from under center. You can tell he is more comfortable from the gun, but his throws, rollouts, and handoffs all looked clean and comfortable.

I don't understand where that offense went.

#44 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

Last year's offense required him to read defenses. So, did Cam get dumber this year?

just because he was under center and making plays doesn't mean he was effective at reading defenses.

he could have been given a simple 1 or 2 read and run if they're not open option.

and playing under center in the red zone doesn't really count either since the defense is limited in what it can do.

#45 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

the rest...

Notice that the overall rankings skipped from 10th to 12th. Also note that they didn't have the New York Jets ranked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.