Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You can fire one of three...

63 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Only one, though. Your choices are...

- Head Coach Ron Rivera

- General Manager Marty Hurney

- Director of College Scouting Don Gregory

Who stays? Who goes? And why?

As a follow up, who has the greater chance of actually being fired in the real world?

And no, firing Jerry Richardson is not an option. I am, however, open to alternate suggestions like Chudzinski, McDermott, etc.

Posted · Report post

Hurney. New GM can than fire Rivera if he so pleases.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Marty Hurney gets the boot for me. He is the reason we have made so many bad draft picks and trades over the last several years.

Posted · Report post

You should make this a poll

Posted · Report post

fire hurney and the new GM would likely gut the staff. so he's the guy.

Posted · Report post

rivera.

despite the questionable crop of players, the team still has the talent and ability to be competitive. rivera has failed to make to make it happen.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I would have replaced Hurney 5 years ago.

No coach could sustain any success with an endless stream of roster building blunders.

We've seen 6 + years of failures by the GM, he's not going to change. At least there is some hope that Rivera can learn to manage a game.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

not convinced at all that hurney should continue in his job. i fear what could follow in his footsteps, but with the right or at least a better GM, things should improve all across the board.

for coaching staff, i want to see the rest of the season to see what they do to turn things around...if anything.

whichever coordinator doesn't help get things right should be fired before rivera. murphy would be on top of my list to get the axe. probably mcdermott as well. the D has been playing too soft and loose. i'm less than thrilled with chud's ability to game plan and adjust.

it's just too early to make a call for me. i'm not happy with the hole they've dug. i expect mistakes and failures to happen. what is going to be the deal maker for me is how they respond to this failure of a season so far. if they fail to respond in a positive way, they get the axe at the end of the season.

Posted · Report post

Hurney

Posted · Report post

Rivera. The team has enough talent to compete, they just don't. Hurney's not drawing up the game plan, he's not making halftime adjustments, and he's not motivating the squad to play at their peak level. Rivera could also tell Chud to call more running plays, or get Olsen more involved, etc...

Posted · Report post

I would have replaced Hurney 5 years ago.

No coach could sustain any success with an endless stream of roster building blunders.

at the very least he should have been prevented from mortgaging the team's future by trading away first round picks.

they always do better in the first round than any other. not sure why they would want to take that away.

if hurney is fired....i most definitely don't want anyone mentored by beathard. please, no one that approaches the draft from a gamblers PoV.

Posted · Report post

I'd rather play marry, boff, kill with the three of them.

Marry Marty

Kill Don Gregory

Boff Ron Rivera

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments