Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You can fire one of three...

63 posts in this topic

Posted

Without picking sides does anyone think Hurney/Rivera seem to be in sync or working in harmony on the personell of this team?

I don't think any part of this organization that's responsible for personnel is working as intended.

Posted

I'd fire Chud before McDermott and Rivera. Rivera before Marty, but Marty has to go with Rivera.

All hell, I'll fit them all.

Posted

don't get me wrong, I am over defending Hurney. But whats the point in getting a new GM if you know he's going to keep Rivera?

What's the point in firing Rivera if Hurney has no ability to manage a roster? Get a guy who has a real vision of running a team and let him evaluate Rivera. You can always make that change but the GM spot is the foundation. You need to get that correct or you will continue to make the blunders we have seen and continue to have large talent gaps.

Posted

Two losing records with two different coaches. Its clear that Hurney needs to be fired and the next GM allowed to do what he sees fit. The probilty of this happing... 10% The likely hood of JR and Hurney blaming a young team and injuries... 100%

Posted

Rivera is going to let Chud get him fired anyway. How can you be an ex player/ defensive guy, and sign off on this read option BS.

I may keep Marty, but only because I fear they'll replace him with the Bears old GM.

Posted

If I had a chance to fire someone at this moment it would be Marty Hurney. To be honest about it Hurney should of been fired when the Panthers let John Fox go. I rather let the new GM make the decision on whether Rivera should follow or not. If this case present its self in the near future their is a good chance Rivera could follow.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hurney

Posted

Marty's extensive body of work as Carolina Panthers GM makes a compelling case as to why he should be in another line of work or retired ASAP.

Posted

What's the point in firing Rivera if Hurney has no ability to manage a roster? Get a guy who has a real vision of running a team and let him evaluate Rivera. You can always make that change but the GM spot is the foundation. You need to get that correct or you will continue to make the blunders we have seen and continue to have large talent gaps.

Money aside, we have so many skill players talents going to waste. I'm just curious if Hurney paid all these guys and Rivera objected and said no don't do it because I won't use them anyway.While its certainly plausible, I highly doubt it.

That being said Hurney is not without fault here either.He paid guys a bunch of gurantteed money and and that will have long term effects on our cap and ability to reshuffle this roster. Could the right coach use them properly and produce better results than Rivera? I say yes.

Thats where the problem lies with Hurney more than the dumbass trades and big contracts. He makes these moves and the Coach he hand picks does not even use them properly.

Bottom line is I think they are both equally responsible for the mess we are in, or if we were having success both would be praised for it. But a head coach/gm relationship needs to have better lines of comunication so that money and picks do not go to waste. I just don't think Hurney makes these moves with any objections from his head coaches.

1 person likes this

Posted

Money aside, we have so many skill players talents going to waste. I'm just curious if Hurney paid all these guys and Rivera objected and said no don't do it because I won't use them anyway.While its certainly plausible, I highly doubt it.

That being said Hurney is not without fault here either.He paid guys a bunch of gurantteed money and and that will have long term effects on our cap and ability to reshuffle this roster. Could the right coach use them properly and produce better results than Rivera? I say yes.

Thats where the problem lies with Hurney more than the dumbass trades and big contracts. He makes these moves and the Coach he hand picks does not even use them properly.

Bottom line is I think they are both equally responsible for the mess we are in, or if we were having success both would be praised for it. But a head coach/gm relationship needs to have better lines of comunication so that money and picks do not go to waste. I just don't think Hurney makes these moves with any objections from his head coaches.

I guess I just disagree about the talent part. I think the talent is quite sparse overall.

Posted

Hurney

Posted

I guess I just disagree about the talent part. I think the talent is quite sparse overall.

i think the talent is there on offense. we have quite enough to be one of the best on that side of the ball. the problem has been in the play calling and execution. they are better than what they've managed to pull off.

on defense, tho, and esp. on STs i think talent is sparse. the LB corps is above average, but the Dline (aside from CJ) and the secondary (aside from gamble) is average at best. safety is the biggest weak spot of them all, but the other parts aren't all that good either. fwiw, i have my hopes up for norman and munnerlynn (if they can keep him in the slot). i just don't love us right now there.